This science fiction novel is mostly complete (current size: 138,000 words), but corrections, modifications and extensions are possible...new collaborating authors are welcome. Click here to read the story summary.
Mixing future science and religion, The Search for Kalid is the story of how seasoned space traveler Leone discovers that the ancient Haldus Order controls the fate of the galaxy. Led by Master Kalid, the mysterious Haldus Order secretly wields its powers...until its long-held secrets start to be revealed by the vengeful Set. As Planetary Counselor of Sakkara, Leone seeks an alliance with Kalid in order to stop the murderous rampage of Set. What mystical powers or advanced technologies does Kalid control as leader of the Haldus Order? Can Leone win Kalid's help or will Set forever alter the fate of humanity and change how humans travel into space and spread through the galaxy? back cover
Short chapter descriptions for The search for Kalid. Warning: plot details!
1. Mental powers?: Sybil explains to Leone that it might be possible to find Kalid on the planet Flammis. Sybil warns that Kalid is a Master of mental powers. Leone and Aristark travel from Sakkara to Flammis and start to search the apparently dead world for Kalid.
2. Flammis: Leone and Aristark are skeptical about Sybil's claim that Kalid and the Haldus Order control telepathic powers. Their scans of Flammis show nothing but a world of destroyed settlements, but then their orbiting spaceship is mysteriously attacked from Flammis.
3. Azur: On the planet Azur, Ketar, the leader of the powerful Antiquist Party, is preparing a welcome for Leone and Kalid. Ketar supervises an attack against a suspected pirate spaceship inside the Akara system.
4. Surprise: Just when they think they have escaped the attack from Flammis and will reach the safety of Azur, Leone and Aristark are attacked again. Thinking he is about to die, Leone reflects on how it came to pass that Sybil led him to such a fate.
5. Trapped: Ketar realizes that his Fleet has mistakenly attacked a spaceship that is not a pirate ship.
6. Temple: Sybil meets Kalid and learns some of the unusual powers of Kalid's mind.
7. Dreams: Leone has a dream that makes him consider the possibility of mental powers. He and Aristark decide to let themselves be guided by Leone's unusual dream experience: they search for Kalid in the h32 star system.
8. Elevator: The story of the destruction of the space elevators on Sakkara.
9. Esclangon: Aristark and Leone visit the Esclangon asteroid in the h32 star system.
10. Friends: Leone meets an old friend but learns he has narrowly missed meeting Kalid on the Esclangon asteroid.
11. Mars: Kalid arrives on Mars and finds himself the target of a strange legal attack.
12. Moon: Set goes to the Moon and learns the secret of Green planets.
13. Survivors: Are there any survivors of the attack on Flammis?
14. Earth: Upon reaching Earth, old foes are confronted.