Its eyes opened.
There was a disturbance.
An infection was beginning to rapidly consume a galaxy.
But which galaxy was it?
There it was.
A barred spiral galaxy.
The infection was spawning from this galaxy.
One by one, the trillions of planets in this galaxy were being consumed by this infection and with each planet consumed, the infection grew and grew, quickly multiplying, never faltering.
Soon the infection spread to neighbouring galaxies and It realised that unchecked, its very existence could be in danger.
Was that necessarily a bad thing though?
It had many doubts and an internal conflict evolved as it wrestled with its thoughts.
Excerpt taken from Wellington's 206 Guide to the Zin Sector
The Zin SectorEdit
The Zin Sector is the name given to all space within the Milky Way Galaxy that is within range of our current ITT (Interstellar Travel Technology). Currently, the various empires of Zin have visited thirty-six star systems but only twelve of these are inhabited (and correspond to the homeworlds of the empires). The twelve empires of Zin are listed below:
- The Kingdom of Pioner
- Federal Republic of Riqueza
- The Sumytian Federation
- The United Planet of Macadam
- The Royal Kingdom of Shi
- The People's Republic of Huangcha
- Republic of Naandiri
- The Holy Republic of Brama
- Republic of Ramia
- Cedarian Republic
- The Constitutional Monarchy of Nuevorico
A brief history of the Zin SectorEdit
- BA = Before the Zin Interplanetary Alliance
- AA = After the Zin Interplanetary Alliance
- 12,000 - 7,000BA: The predicted arrival of humans to the Zin Sector. The origin of humans in the Zin Sector is subject to much debate with convincing arguments from both sides of the debate. Evolutionists claim that humans evolved separately on their respective homeworlds and point to the slight but noticeable differences between people of the Zin Sector further proving evolution had taken place. They also mention that in order for intelligent lifeforms to exist, the bipedal carbon-based life-form is the most likely candidate. Settlerists on the other hand, claim that humans had originated on another planet, hundreds of light years away from their current location. They claim that the likelihood for several groups of humans to have evolved within only a few light years of each other as being extremely low and surely it was no coincidence. Also evidence so far has shown no other planets with humanoid lifeforms. Settlerists say this proves that the existence of humans is rare and the fact that twelve colonies of humans evolved within close proximity would've been impossible without some form of intervention. Evolutionists on the other hand say this only proves their own argument, since many of the planets that have been discovered so far are not suitable for human habitation whereas the current homeworlds are.
- ~5,800BA: Evidence suggests that the Cedarians are the first to discover space travel and around this time they conduct short flights in the upper strata of Cedaria's atmosphere.
- ~5,600BA: Ramians are the second civilisation to discover space travel.
- ~5,500BA: Khanites and Bramans make interstellar contact with each other. Coincidentally, both empires had decided to invest in searching for extra-terrestrial intelligence before fully understanding space travel.
- ~5,400BA: Khanites and Bramans through a joint research program eventually discover space travel.
- ~5,100BA: Cedarians developed the first FTL drives. Early FTL drives are extremely primitive, only allowing FTL travel over a limited distance whilst consuming an immense amount of power.
- 4,921BA: Cedarians visit the Ramians. The Cedarians offer to sell the secrets of their FTL drive technology provided the Ramians pay annual tribute to be incremented according to the Cedarian inflation rate. The Ramians accept and trading commences between the two empires resulting in them prospering.
- 4,878BA: Cedarians visit the Bramans.
- 4,808BA: Khanites discover omni-directional propulsion engines (also known as "omni-jets"), resulting in much greater maneuverability of star ships at sub-light velocities.
- 4,709BA: Bramans acquire omni-jet technology off the Khanites, incorporating them into their new star ship designs.
- 4,667BA: Tensions flare into several revolts and skirmishes in Ramia as a growing number of the populace resent paying tribute to Cedaria. Angry Ramians claim that the Ramian Armed Forces are vastly superior to Cedaria's and there is no reason why they should be a pseudo-vassal to them. Fearing a civil war with the hawkish revolutionaries as victors, Cedaria secretly sign an agreement with the Bramans, agreeing to pay them handsomely for their foreign intervention.
- 4,660BA: Bramans begin The Invasion of Ramia.
- 4,655BA: The Invasion of Ramia ends. Attempting to contain opponents within and a foreign invader with superior technology, results in the Ramian Empire being annexed.
- 4,480BA: Several Ramian rebel factions ally with each other under the leadership of Muhammad Al-Fahsi to form the URLA (United Ramian Liberation Army). They begin a war to liberate Ramia from the grasp of the Bramans.
- 4,460BA: The URLA are successful in liberating Ramia and Muhammad Al-Fahsi is ushered in as a new emperor.
- ~2,000-1,300BA: RE
- ~1,300-300BA: DA
- ~300BA: R
- ~200BA: Height of Kingdom of Pioner might
- 0AA: The formation of the Alliance