The following is a Timeline of the Space Age History of Laurasia Prime and the Laurasian Purse Worlds, the core region of the modern Laurasian Empire, which governs the Caladarian Galaxy and its satellite galaxies. This timeline covers from the launching of the first Laurasian satellite in space, in 443 BH, to AH 1803, the present year in the Caladarian Galaxy. For the purposes of this timeline, the Hyperdrive Calendar system is employed.
Before Hypedrive Era (BH)Edit
5th century BHEdit
- The first Laurasian satellite in outer space, the Hireachia, is launched into orbit by engineers and scientists of the Lycian Communist Union. The satellite orbits Laurasia for five days before being pulled in and destroyed by Laurasia Prime's gravitational pull. Nevertheless, the launch of the satellite alarms the United Republic of Americana, Lycia's primary rival.
- The Lycians launch the first being, a Laurasian rancor, into space.
- The United Republic of Americana launches its first satellite, the Bearer of Laurasian Democracy, into space. This satellite orbits Laurasia for twelve days before it too is overwhelmed by the planet's gravitational pull.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Agency (NASA) and the Lycian Bureau for Space Travel and Development (LBSTD) are established by Americana and Lycia respectively, who thus now made the effort to coordinate their launches and space ventures.
- The first photograph of the planet Laurasia from outer space is made by a Lycian satellite.
- The first photos of the two Calaxies from the perspective of outer space are taken.
- The Lycian Union begins developing plans to deploy its first weapon systems in place. This is a sign of the ongoing Laurasian Cold War, which had commenced in 455 BH, in the aftermath of the Second Great Haustian War. Americana also imposes such plans, and the Ularian space monitoring incident takes place this year.
- The first Laurasian astronaut, Demetrius Gagathanius, was launched into space by LBSTD, one in a series of major Space Age history landmarks for Laurasia Prime. Gagathanius orbits the planet in his personal spacecraft for twelve hours before it descends safely back onto the planet and crash lands in the forests of Eastern Oceania. Lycian official radio announces this achievement to the world, which alarms Americana. In a speech to the Americianian Congress, the Americianian President at the time, Eulushtor Warlasais, implores the body to devote a increased amount of funding to NASA. It does so unanimously.
- The Lycian Union conducts the first lunar flyby, as its new rocket spacecraft pass by Calaxis I.
- The first Americanian astronaut, Eusebius Alexandius, orbits the planet five times, and surpasses Gagathanius's time in space by more than six extra hours. Alexandius is congratulated by President Warlasais and the Americanian Congress, and is treated as a hero by the Americianian allied and influenced nations.
- The Lycian Union, alarmed by the Americianian achievement, accelerates research on its permanent satellite research program.
- Americiana conducts its first lunar flyby, while the Lycian Union sends the first probes to Hepudermia and Jadia, the farther-out Laurasian moons.
- The first Laurasian female astronaut, Claudia Masanarvia, is launched by LBSTD and orbits the planet for ten hours. The Lycian Union also implants the first permanent satellite, the Exarnia, in orbit of Laurasia Prime. Over the next thirty years, nearly 2,000 military, communications, and commercial satellites will be dispatched into space by Lycia, Americana, Darsis, Chilsia, Charasia, and other countries.
- Americana puts the first routine crewed spacecraft in orbit of Laurasia Prime.
- The first space walk is done by a Americianian astronaut, Telemachus Calacius, working outside of his spacecraft.
- Lycian probes, having bypassed the Outer Moons, continue onwards into the Solar System.
- Americana launches the first probe specifically geared towards studying the Inner Worlds of Europa, Aeros, and Gydansia, Laurasia Prime's sister inner Worlds, which are, however, uninhabitable.
- NASA and the Americianian Government announce their plans to place the first men on Calaxis I by the end of the decade. The Stellar Program is established by the Agency in order to coordinate the moon efforts. Towards this goal, the Agency lands the first probe on Calaxis I in November of this year.
- The first probe to land on another world, Adventurer, dispatched by Americana, does so, implanting itself on Europa. The first photos taken of a non-Laurasian world are sent back to Laurasia Prime.
- The Lycian Union announces its plans to send its own mission to Calaxis II, to land there by 427 BH (AA 1973).
- The first orbital docking takes place between two Americanian spacecraft.
- The Lycian Union dispatches the first artificial satellite to orbit around Calaxis I.
- The first automated docking in space is conducted by Lycian spacecraft.
- Lycian probes land on Heupdermia and Jadia. At the same time, Americianian probes land on Aeros and Gydansia, gathering data and sending back photographs to mission control stations on Laurasia Prime.
- A experimental testing mission by NASA ends in disaster, as six astronauts are engulfed in a spacecraft fire. NASA spends the next two years fine-tuning its procedures, modifying craft design, and retraining its crews.
- The Lycians construct their first experimental spacecraft for their upcoming Calaxis II mission.
- The first piloted mission to pass by Calaxis I is launched by the Stellar Program of NASA. Orbital photographs are taken and data is collected. President Cato Jangathanes signifies his official permission for the landing mission, to take place in the following year.
- The Lycian Union launches its first probes to Europa, Aeros, and Gydansia, using spacecraft with more specialized navigation, transmission, and scanning technology then that employed by the Americianian probes.
- NASA announces plans to eventually send probes to the outer System.
- The first orbital transmission system through satellites is established.
- The first moon landing in the history of Laurasia is conducted, on Calaxis I, by the Americianian astronauts Nero Unigentius and Tiberius Angamoris. The two astronauts plant the Americianian flag, take photographs, gather rock and soil samples, and accumulate extensive information. Their landing and mission is broadcast by special transmission camera to all across Laurasia Prime. All world leaders, even the Communist chiefs of the Lycian Union, alongside President Antigonus Ragamius, congratulate the astronauts. Seven further missions to Calaxis I are conducted during the next three years.
- The first automated sample collection effort and the first rover on Calaxis I are landed by the Lycian Union.
- Americania's second and third moon missions gather more information and become the first to travel across much of the lunar surface.
- The first probe mission to Marsia, one of the outer Solar Worlds, is launched by the Lycian Union.
- The first Laurasian probe to leave the inner Laurasian Solar System crosses the Asteroid Belt which separates Marsia from the gas giant of Lamell.
- The Neuron Plantita Station, the first permanent space station in orbit of Laurasia, is constructed by the Americanian Republic. The first permanent crew is dispatched to the Station.
- The first manned orbital observatory is established on the Neuron Plantita Station.
- Lycian moon-landing on Calaxis II, which is greeted with as much celebration and historical realization as the Americanian moon-landing on Calaxis I. NASA, however, determined to keep ahead of its competitor, announces plans for a Americanian mission to Calaxis II and for the first mission to Hepudermia.
- The Lycian Union constructs its first space station in orbit of Laurasia Prime.
- The first flyby of the Outer Worlds is performed by Americanian spacecraft.
- Americanian moon-landing on Calaxis II.
- First Lycian probes to outer Laurasian Solar System.
- The Lycians announce plans for a mission to Hepudermia, in competition to the Americianians, and dispatch two further missions to Calaxis II.
- Darsis and Chilsia establish the Haustian Space Agency and dispatch their first missions into orbit. They receive technical assistance from NASA and the Americianian Government. In response, Lycia establishes the Eastern Space Agency, to coordinate launching efforts and missions amongst its own vassals and allies in Eastern Haustia and in Cellini.
- The Laurasian probes Discover I and Discover II, are launched by NASA into the outer Laurasian Solar System, in order to examine Lamell, Cagasania, Volcaria, and Inspiter in detail.
- The first Americianian manned mission to Hepudermia beats out the competing Lycian mission and lands on the moon. Rock samples are collected, while rovers are driven across the surface and information transmitted back to Laurasia Prime. This landing is also broadcast on international television.
- The Americianian Government and its allies announce plans for the world's first instant global positioning system.
- The Lycian Union dispatches a manned mission to Calaxis I and a series of further missions to Calaxis II, attempting to cover up the humiliation caused by the Americianians reaching Heupdermia first.
- The Lycian mission to Heupdermia takes place, although they were beat out by the Americianians.
- The Americianians construct three new stations in orbit of Laurasia Prime. They also announce plans to establish the first base on Calaxis I within the next twenty years.
- The International Space Service is established by the Americianian Republic, Caudisa, Mexicana, the nations of the Syrene Sea, Darsis, Richland, Chilsia, Anthoria, Targay, Tardork, West Wallachia, Mararia, Inoria, Lusitania, and the countries of the Great Eastern Ocean in order to exchange research about space, coordinate any further landings amongst those nations, and provide access to Americianian stations and satellites for its allies.
- The Americianians prepare a probe mission to Jadia, a precursor to a manned mission there.
- The Space Shuttle Program is instigated by NASA, becoming the first to employ reusable manned spacecraft.
- The Lycian Union announces plans to establish its first moon bases on Calaxis I and Calaxis II within the next twenty years.
- The first Americanian manned mission to Jadia makes its descent, sending back information and data to Laurasia Prime. Jadia is the farthest Laurasian astronauts have traveled from Laurasia Prime up to this time.
- The Lycian Union develops its own reusable manned spacecraft program.
- The International Space Service dispatches a joint mission to Calaxis I.
- First Lycian mission to Jadia.
- First construction materials for a Americianian base are transported to Calaxis I.
- The Americianian Republic develops a sophisticated military intelligence system with the use of satellites, as Cold War tensions escalated again in the middle of the decade.
- The Lycian Union sent its first construction materials to Calaxis I and also planned a examination mission to Calaxis II.
- The Exempora disaster forces NASA and the International Space Service to conduct a refit and reorganization of its Orbital Reusable Spacecraft Program, thus delaying missions to the space stations and to Calaxis I by three years.
- The Lycian Union refines its program and dispatches its examination mission to Calaxis II.
- The first Lycian construction materials for a moon base on Calaxis II are transported.
- Discover spacecraft send back three volumes of data about the moons, stellar winds, and patterns of the outer Solar System.
- Increasing political turmoil within the Lycian Union forces the Communist Government to terminate plans for the construction of moon bases on the two Calaxies.
- Americana is able to dispatch probe missions to Heupdermia and Jadia, in order to examine those moons for eventual bases.
- Charasia launches its first satellite into space.
- The Charasian Space Agency (CSA) is established by the Charasian Government in order to coordinate its space ventures and launching missions.
- The Lycian Union begins to disintergate politically.
- The Americianian Orbital Reusable Spacecraft Program fully recovers from the Exempora disaster. Construction of the moon base on Calaxis I resumes, while materials are sent to Calaxis II for a construction there.
- First photograph of the entire Laurasian Solar System is taken by the Discoverer I spacecraft.
- The first space telescope, the Athenian Space Examination Telescope, is sent into orbit by the Americianian Republic. The telescope will assemble the first extensive volumes of information about the Caladarian Galaxy, known to the Laurasians at this time as the Home Galaxy, besides what was provided by Laurasia-based telescopes and probes.
- Charasia dispatches its first probe mission to Calaxis I.
- The Lycian Union disintegrates into fifteen independent nations, the largest of which is Madavarian Lycia. Madavarian Lycia assumes control of the Communist Lycian space programs. Distracted by internal concerns and turbulence, however, it puts all plans for the construction of moon bases on permanent hold.
- The Americianian moon base on Calaxis I is finally completed, and the first team of astronauts is dispatched to the moon. The first permanent moon supply service is organized.
- Charasia dispatches a probe mission to Calaxis II. It also announces plans for its own moon landing on Calaxis I.
- First Charasian moon landing on Calaxis I. The Charasians also dispatch a probe mission to Hepudermia, and announce their plans for a moon landing on Calaxis II by 404 BH.
- The Americianian base on Calaxis II is completed. NASA sends the first construction materials for a moon base to Heupdermia.
- The first examination spacecraft to study Marsia's underground surface is dispatched.
- Charasia constructs its first space station in orbit of Laurasia Prime.
- Americiana finally organizes the Global Positioning System and conducts a extensive refit of its existing space stations. A examination mission to Jadia is also dispatched, in order to collect data for the establishment of a moon base there.
- Construction of the base on Heupdermia proceeds.
- The Calaxis I moon base receives its first astronauts from the International Space Service.
- Contact is lost with the early Americianian and Lycian probes in the outer Solar System. The Discoverer spacecraft also begin to send increasingly weaker transmissions to NASA.
- The International Space Service announces plans for a joint base to be established on Calaxis I.
- The Calaxis II moon base is expanded.
- The first Charasian manned mission to Calaxis II makes its descent, being greeted by the Americianian astronauts of the Calaxis II moon base.
- The Americianian base on Hepudermia is completed, receiving its first team of astronauts by the end of the year.
- Contact with the Discoverer spacecraft is lost. NASA drafts plans to send a fleet of more powerful orbiting spacecraft to the outer Solar System.
- Construction materials are sent to Jadia for the establishment of a base there.
- The Space Service begins construction of its base on Calaxis I.
- The Charasians dispatch probe missions to Heupdermia and Jadia.
- A fleet of orbiting spacecraft to the outer Solar System is dispatched by NASA.
- The Charasians construct a series of communications and military satellites in orbit of Laurasia Prime.
- Madavarian Lycia declares bankruptcy and terminates all of its remaining space operations.
- The first Charasian manned mission to Heupdermia makes its descent.
- The Space Service completes construction of its joint base on Calaxis I.
- NASA announces plans for the development of the first space tourism service to Calaxis I and Calaxis II.
- Construction commences on the International Station of Laurasia Prime, coordinated by the Service, NASA, and the CSA.
- The Charasian Republic announces plans to establish its first moon bases on the two Calaxies within the next ten years.
- Development of the Space Tourism Service is commenced by NASA.
- The Haustian Space Agency is established by Darsis, Richland, Chilsia, the Low Countries, Wallachia (unified since 410 BH), Mararia, Inoria, Lusitania, Osriany, Barlavia, Katharina, Javaria, Grinae, Hanubia, Polosia, Targay, Tardork, and Laudermia in order to coordinate all launching efforts amongst the Haustian nations.
4th century BHEdit
- The first year of the 4th century BH, celebrated on Laurasia Prime at the time as the year 2000, the first year of the 3rd millennium since the Age of Almitis. In 400 BH, the population of Laurasia Prime was 6.7 billion, while the combined population of the moon bases on Calaxis I, Calaxis II, Hepudermia, and Jadia, and of the various stations in orbit of Laurasia Prime, was 25,000.
- The Charasians launch their first manned mission to Jadia.
- The Haustian Space Agency and the International Space Service commence construction on a joint base at Hepudermia.
- NASA dispatches further probe missions to the Outer Worlds.
- The Ramathaid Terrorist Attacks take place against the United Republic of Americana. In five major cities throughout the country, nearly 8,000 people are killed by terrorists who hijacked various aircraft and crashed them into major Americianian landmarks. One of these was the tallest structure on Laurasia Prime at that time, the Freedom of Americiana Tower, which was completely destroyed. As a result of this terrorist attack, Americana launched a invasion of Amagasoria, the country supposed to have harbored the terrorists. The Americanian Crusades of Terrorism had commenced.
- The Charasians ship construction materials for a moon base to Calaxis I and also instigate a expansion of their military.
- The Haustian countries sign the Treaty of Amasiae, providing for greater economic and military coordination amongst themselves.
- Americana, after two years of fearsome campaigning, finally conquers the majority of Amagasoria. However, Amagasorian guerrilla groups and resistance cells organize, and will pose a continual resistance to Americianian forces for the next twelve years. Americianian funds, previously supplied to the Space Program, are diverted to the military. The Judiciary Act and the Emergency Securities Act are passed by the Americianian Congress.
- The Charasian moon base on Calaxis I is completed. It is also at this time that the Charasian Government begins to improve diplomatic ties with its neighbors. At the end of 397, it signed the Pact of Military Assistance and Space Cooperation with Madavarian Lycia, which emerged from bankruptcy in 398 BH. Charasian space technology was exchanged with the Lycians, who in turn provided the Charasians with Cold War intelligence information about Americana, Darsis, Chilsia, Australasia, Caudisa, and their allies.
- Americana launches a invasion of Abay, which had provided assistance to the cells of Amagasoria. It receives support units from Darsis, Chilsia, Mexicana, and others amongst its allies.
- The Charasians begin construction of their moon base on Calaxis II.
- The Haustian-International base on Hepudermia is finally completed.
- Darsis establishes a independent moon base on Calaxis I.
- The Charasian moon base on Calaxis II is completed.
- Americana begins to experience severe financial troubles, suffering a mortgage crisis and a rising rate of unemployment. It also has incurred a significant debt with the Charasians, attempting to finance both its remaining space ventures and installations, as well as the Crusades of Terrorism.
- Northern Koriana instigates its own nuclear weapons program with the assistance of Charasia.
- The Haustian Space Agency begins construction of a base on Jadia (completed by 390 BH).
- The Charasians establish their first base on Hepudermia.
- The Americianians cancel their Space Tourism Project.
- The first Explosansian-descent President of Americana is elected.
- Americana's economy enters a severe recession, with unemployment skyrocketing to 12%. It significantly scales back support to its moon bases.
- The Charasians announce plans for their own Space Tourism Service.
- The Americianian Great Recession worsens, with the unemployment rate climbing to 15%. The Americianian government's debt rises to 13 trillion Americianian dollars, most of whom is owed to Charasia.
- The Haustian Space Agency places the Great Unity Telescope in orbit of Laurasia Prime.
- The Charasians begin construction of a Jadian moon base.
- The leading anti-Americianian terrorist leader is killed.
- Charasia surpasses Americana as Laurasia Prime's primary manufacturing nation.
- The Charasian moon base on Jadia is completed.
- The Charasians place the largest space telescope in Laurasian history to that time, the Eye of Shangius, in orbit.
- The population of Laurasia Prime surpasses 8 billion. From this point until the beginning of the ninth century AH, with the exception of a lull in the 3rd century AH and again during the Lacian Overlordship, the world's population will grow substantially each year.
- A global Internet communications system is fully developed.
- The first robot line in Laurasian history is tested.
- Americianian economic troubles continue, and this year, the Americianian government is forced to take a major loan from the Haustian Union and from the Charasian banks.
- Charasian cyber-terrorism intensifies, and the Charasians steal many Americianian manufacturing, military technology, economic, commercial, banking, shipbuilding, engineering, and mathematical secrets.
- The Charasian Space Tourism Service is finally established.
- The Haustian Space Agency dispatches probe missions to the Outer Worlds.
- A series of automatic spending cuts, tax hikes, and financial defaults take effect, causing the Americianian economy to plummet. Unemployment skyrockets to nearly 30%, and the Americianian Government proves helpless to deal with the situation. The Haustian and Americianian Nations are also severely harmed, but Charasia, with a vigorous economy and a successful space program, proves to be immune to the effects.
- Falloria and Charasia sign the Treaty of Space Cooperation with Lycia, by which all three nations agree to establish the Cellini Space Agency in order to coordinate all further space ventures and missions amongst themselves.
- The first laser weapons are developed in Charasia and employed in the Charasian Navy. Charasia's military is by now surpassing Americana's in terms of technological sophistication, discipline, and military effectiveness.
- The Americianian Crusades of Terrorism come to a conclusion in April, 385 BH, as the Americianians are forced to withdraw their military units and garrisons in order to contend with increasing economic and social tensions within the United Republic's territories. Abay and Amagasoria degenerate back into anarchy.
- The Americianian government declares bankruptcy in 384 BH, declaring itself unable to pay off any of its further debts to Charasia. This causes a scare in the Charasian economy and a economic recession which lasts in Charasia until 380 BH.
- Conservatives in Americana, appalled by the increasingly liberal attitudes towards drug use, homosexuality, and modern technology, issue threats of secession.
- Charasia and Falloria announce plans for a manned mission to Marsia, to be launched by 378 BH. In the meantime, both countries send increasing numbers of scientists, engineers, doctors, specialists, astronauts, and colonists to their moon bases. By 380 BH, the population of Laurasia Prime surpasses 10 billion, while the population of the moon bases has climbed to six million.
- In 381 BH, the Haustian Union implants the Hubarian Space Telescope in orbit of Laurasia Prime, the most powerful device employed to examine far-away space up to that time. The first detailed photographs of the Galactic Center and other regions are taken. At this point, however, the Laurasians are ignorant of the existence of other civilizations.
- The Haustian Union constitutes its own Space Tourism Service. By now, it has largely recovered from the Great Recession.
- Falloria constructs its first major space station in orbit of Laurasia Prime.
- Solar and electric power becomes more widespread on Laurasia Prime.
- A cure for the MARSA epidemic, which had been a major disease since its discovery in 430 BH, is developed. Over the next twenty years, cures for breast cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, brain cancer, colon cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer, measles, malaria, and various other diseases are discovered.
- Charasia surpasses Americana in per capita terms, thus further cementing its increasing economic dominance. By now, it has the largest navy and the most sophisticated air force in the world.
- Conservative members of the Americianian Congress boycott the body, refusing to participate in any more proceedings until "the glory of Americana" is restored.
- Charasia and Falloria launch a historic first manned mission to Marsia, which collects rock samples from the world. This mission is shown on broadcast television and Internet throughout Laurasia Prime.
- The Haustian Union, having established by now bases on all four Laurasian moons, announces plans for its own manned mission to Marsia.
- The Haustian manned mission to Marsia occurs.
- Preparations for a mission to Aerdary and Hathagary, the Inner Worlds of the Laurasian Solar System, are instigated by the Cellini Countries.
- Madavarian Lycia regains control of Centralita and the lands north of the Asolorio River.
- The Second Americianian Civil War commences, as the Southern States of Floriana, Texicana, and the Gulf Lands revolt against the Americianian government. Americianian military garrisons overseas in the Syrenes Sea, Explosansis, the Cellini Middle East, and Haustia are recalled. The Americianian colonists at the moon bases are isolated.
- The Americianian Civil War takes place, which results in the loss of nearly twenty million lives. The Americianian Government, under the direction of its first female President, Didymeia Aspania, waged a vigorous war with the rebel forces of the Southern and Western States, under the leadership of their rebel President, Antigonus Granaysius. The Government of Aspania receives aid from Caudisa and the Haustian Union, while Granaysius is supported by Mexicana, Charasia, Lycia, and Falloria. Eventually, by 371 BH, Granaysius's forces advance to Colombia, the Americianian capital city. The following year, the city is taken, and all of Americana is consolidated under the rule of Granaysius, who proclaims himself President for Life. In December, 370 BH, he signs a agreement with Charasia, turning over all Americianian moon bases to their authority.
- The Haustian Mission sends its missions to Aerdary (375 BH) and Hathagary (373 BH), which coincide with the Cellini missions to those worlds (375-372 BH).
- The first Charasian base on Marsia is established (371 BH).
- Charasia becomes the largest economic power on Laurasia Prime (370 BH).
- Terrorist movements emerge in Chilsia, Wallachia, and Mararia, challenging the governments of those states.
- The population of Laurasia Prime passes 15 billion (370 BH) while the Moon Bases have a population of 35 million.
- Charasian military outposts are established on Aerdary and Hathagary.
- The Reusable Orbital Shuttle Programs of Charasia and the Haustian Union are retired, replaced with the Dissoline-class inter-system ships, which rely upon advanced forms of nuclear fusion for their propulsion.
- The Haustian Union dispatches the first manned mission to Lamell.
- Americianian President Granaysius is deposed and assassinated by a cadre of government officials under former Senator Demetrius Atheies, who reestablishes the democratic Americianian Republic. A extensive program of economic restructuring, health and social reform, and educational revitalization is implemented.
- Charasia dispatches its first manned mission to Lamell.
- The first Laurasian probe to leave the Solar System, the Horizons of Almitis, is launched by Charasia, Falloria, and Lycia in cooperation with each other.
- Lycia reincorporates the countries of eastern Haustia, which were not members of the Haustian Union, with the exception of Laudermia.
- Mexicana and the republics of the Syrenes Sea unify into the Central Americianian Union.
- Americana resumes plans for a Space Tourism Service of its own, receiving substantial technical aid from Charasia and the Haustian Union.
- The Central Americianian Union, Caudisa, the nations of South Westar, and the nations of Explosansis sign the Treaty of Constantinople with Charasia and Falloria, agreeing to reduce nuclear armaments.
- Charasia dispatches the first manned mission to Europa.
- Major advancements are made in cybernetics, chemical engineering, and various other worlds, improving the average life expectancy of the Laurasian species and allowing for a further explosion in Laurasian population. By 360 BH, the population of Laurasia Prime approaches 18 billion, while that of the Moon Bases and Satellites has skyrocketed to 100 million, caused in part by concerns for the Laurasian environment.
- The first repulsorlift vehicles are introduced.
- Robots come into use for a variety of manufacturing and engineering tasks.
- The first Laurasian extra-solar radio signal, launched on the most powerful frequencies from the Laurasian International Station and from the Post of Marsia, is dispatched outside of the Solar System. It will be received by the Lamanite Clans of Clancia, who governed that world during this time, twenty years later. The signal contains information about Laurasian society, history, and technology.
- Americana recovers slowly from the Civil War and the Great Economic Recession.
- Charasia, the Haustian Union, and Falloria jointly develop the first "dimensional ship". Such a ship would be equipped with “dimensional ripple” devices, which allowed them to achieve limited FTL speed by generating a effect that created a tunnel through space, allowing the ship to course across five light years every year. Such ships were several times faster then the sublight ships employed then. These ships would allow for the Laurasians to send their first extra-solar colonization missions. It would take many months or years, however, for such ships to reach their destinations. The ship would also require a rest after achieving every five light years, and once set on its course, it could not be disengaged. As such, the members of the ship were to be placed in cybernetic hibernation and were to remain in such a state until the ship reached its destination. Charasia and the Haustian Union immediately established the first space shipyards in orbit of Laurasia Prime, in order to construct a fleet of one thousand dimensional ships, each of which would be capable of carrying up to 100,000 persons. The fleet will not be ready until 355 BH.
- Americana finally establishes its own Space Tourism Service. It also regains control of its moon bases.
- In this year, by a overwhelming majority of 90% to 10% in a referendum, the monarchy of the United Kingdom of Darsis and Northern Richland was formally abolished. Over the preceding four decades, democracy and representative forms of government had widened in scope throughout Laurasia Prime. The Haustian monarchies of the Low Countries, Tardork, Targay, Inoria, Manasaria, and the enclave Principality of the Durant were abolished between 380 and 375 BH. After the death of Queen Didymeia II in 378 BH, who had reigned over Darsis for seventy years, the popularity of the Darsian monarchy collapsed. The Darsian Government had long resisted pressure to abolish the monarchy and clung to the old ways. By the later 360s BH, however, the monarchy was considered outdated by the majority of the population, who believed that it was ripe for abolition. As a result of the abolition of the Darcian monarchy, all of Laurasia was governed now by republics or dictatorships of various kinds. No monarchy would appear on Laurasian soil again until the 4th century AH, a elapse of well over six hundred years.
- The Haustian Union constructs sophisticated military shipyards in orbit of Laurasia Prime.
- Stem cell technology is perfected.
- The first fleet of extra-solar colonization vessels in the history of Laurasia Prime are launched from the Jadia Shipyards by the representatives of Charasia, Falloria, the Haustian Union, and Americana. The 1,000 dimensional ships embark from the Shipyards and engage their propulsion systems, as the nuclear fusion boosted them faster than the speed of light, that is, to a maximum of Warp Factor 1.8. The nearest star system to Laurasia Prime is about four light-years away, and the farthest range to this point that the Laurasian colonization vessels will seek to reach is about 100-400 light years. Each ship was designed so that once it reached its destination, its components could be disassembled so as to create settlements. The first of the colonization vessels reached its destination by the middle of the year, in a system which was named Maroni. Maroni was claimed as a colony for Charasia.
- During these four years, nearly thirty star systems, within a range of twenty-five light years, were colonized by the various Laurasian nations. Charasia colonized sixteen systems, while the Haustian Union colonized ten, Falloria two, and Americana two. Dearton's Gateway, Janesia, and the system of Apathama Vixius were colonized during this time. In 353 BH, Charasia and the Haustian Union signed the Treaty of Hepudermia, by which they agreed to cooperate with each other "in all matters relating to space exploration, colonization, and development". The two sides agreed to share navigational information with each other about any discovered star systems and also agreed to use combined military force in order to combat any threats or enemies whom they encountered.
- The Americianian Republic once again began to experience strains, as the Nawrilos Scandal, regarding government contracts for the Space Tourism Service, and the Tax Evasion Scandal, which concerned income and property levies used for the Military Command, ravaged the Americianian Government. In January, 352 BH, Americianian President Antipater Auros became the third President in the history of Americana to be impeached. Two months later, he was the first one removed from office. His Vice-President, Aemilla Plauida, became the second female President of Americana. She proved unable to cope with further issues however, which resulted in the impeachment or resignation of nearly the entire Americianian Cabinet, as well as the heads of government commissions. In November, 352 BH, she was defeated in the Americianian presidential elections by Walterius Yugorius, who promised to restore Americianian strength. Yugorius however, after becoming President, was mired in a personal scandal, as it was discovered that he himself had taken bribes. He was thereafter forced to resign (January, 350 BH). By the end of the decade, further tensions were boiling over in Americana.
- The Korianian Peninsula was reunified in December, 351 BH, as Northern and Southern Koriana, both having obtained democratic governments, finally signed the Treaty of Reunification at Charasia's urging.
- Darsis granted independence to Northern Richland, one of the first actions of its new republican government.
- The reactionary dictatorship of Yusania was finally deposed after 71 years (March, 350 BH).
- By 350 BH, the population of Laurasia Prime was at 35 billion, a further vast increase, while the population of the moon bases had exceeded 200 million. The number of Laurasians outside of the Solar System was at 100 million, with each of the twenty systems being colonized having about 100,000 people.
- The Americianian Government, seeking to bring troops back to the Mainland in order to maintain order, withdrew its remaining bases and military garrisons from Wallachia, Gedrosia, Cirhon, and various other countries in Haustia, Cellini, and Explosansis.
- The Northern Explosanian countries established the Union of the Explosanian Nations.
- Charasia expanded and refitted its fleet of dimensional ships, whose navigation, engineering, and sanitary capabilities were now improved.
- The Haustian Union constructed the first spaceport on Laurasia Prime in Darsis.
- The Central Americianian Union became mired in a series of criminal and terrorist attacks, civil unrest, and social issues, that lasted for most of the decade.
- The Americianian President, Seleucus Athalos, is decisively defeated in the presidential elections of that year by his leading opponent, the Senator Galba Rasalaminos. The Senator promised to restore order and stability within the Americianian Republic. The Americianian economy was again mired in economic recession, and by the end of the year, unemployment had reached 15%. The space tourism, space construction, and space engineering sectors of the Americianian economy were seriously affected. President Athalos, who was angered at his defeat, refused to take any measures to halt the economic decline and vetoed aid laws passed by the Americianian Congress.
- Charasia constructed its first spaceport.
- Laudermia, seeking to protect itself against Lycia, which had been under the rule of the Putanius family since 400 BH, officially joined the Haustian Union and signed military arrangements with the weakening Americianian Republic.
- Falloria overtook Americana to become Laurasia's second-largest economy, after Charasia. By now, the Haustian Nations have fallen to ninth place and lower in economic rankings.
- President Rasalaminos faced considerable challenges after being sworn in as the leader of the Americianian Republic. Unemployment continued to fester, while many more people began to be evicted from their homes. By the winter of 347 BH, nearly 35% of the population of the Americianian Republic were out of work, and almost 30% were homeless. These numbers increased during 346 BH. President Rasalaminos attempted a series of measures to halt this, passing new homeland security, emergency aid, and public relief acts in 346 BH. In that year however, he suffered a serious setback when the Americianian Stock Market crashed, weakening the economy yet further. The Americianian Government also suffered considerably from the budget deficit and its extensive debts. In January, 345 BH, Charasia, which had for decades waited for the repayment of its debts from Americana, now grew sick of waiting and announced that she was no longer loaning Americana any money. This sent the Americianian Government into turmoil, and two months, it was forced to terminate the Space Tourism Service, halt plans for the construction of a Americianian spaceport, and cut back on public spending. The unemployment and homelessness rolls increased to 45% and 49% respectively, and by the middle of the year, dissent simmered throughout the country.
- Scientists of the University of Alora, one of the leading institutes in Charasia, published a paper in which they theorized the existence of a substrate, upon which the Universe exists. Such a domain would exist outside of three dimensional space, and certain reactions could cause it to intrude into our domain. Naming this domain "subspace", they were to lay the foundations for the invention of the warp-drive, the precursor to the hyperdrive, in the latter decades of the century.
- The first extra-solar Laurasian University, the University of Janesia, is organized by the colonists of that star system (November, 345 BH). By this point, each other solar system colonized by the Laurasians to this point (forty as of 345 BH), boasts its own spaceport, a basic communications system, and a series of stations and satellites, with more in progress. By 345 BH, the population of the extra-solar systems had increased to 150 million, as 500 further colonization ships were dispatched by Charasia in 347 BH.
- Cirhon and Charasia signed the Technology of Electronics Agreement in 348 BH, sharing information with each other about lasers, the subspace realm discoveries, and robotic lines.
- The Lycian dictatorship began to face serious internal issues in 345 BH, as various Communist groups, seeking to reestablish the Lycian Communist Union of the previous century. By the end of the year, the country was on the brink of revolution.
- A young Charasian doctoral student at the Institute of Charasian Space Technology and Development, Demetrius Anasamius, published his dissertation about the foundations of the subspace theory. In this paper, he stated his belief that the subspace realm was a method by which FTL speed, far faster then that employed by the dimensional ships, could be achieved. This realm would create a space bubble which would envelop around the system, allowing it to course through space at accelerated speeds. Space-time would move along although the vessel in question would be stationary. Anasamius derived his theory from the basic concepts developed by Dr. Aanfalo Amasarie, who had expounded his system in 413-412 BH. Anasamius is congratulated by the Institute of Charasian Space Technology and Development, although for the moment his idea just remains a idea.
- President Josephus Putamius, who had governed Lycia as a virtual dictator since the death of his father in 367 BH, is deposed from power by a cadre of Communist radicals, led by Nicephorus Deafaornius. Deafornius proclaimed the establishment of the Lycian Communist Union (February, 344 BH) and announced that Lycian glory was being restored. Charasia, which had overthrown its Communist rulers three decades earlier, became alarmed at this new Communist regime. Lycia however, stated its intentions for the maintenance of peace, although it began a secret military buildup.
- The terrorist cells of Amagasoria finally gain firm control of that entire country, which had remained in anarchy since the Americianian withdrawal. Under their leader Paul of Yalios, they launched a series of new terrorist attacks within Americianian and Haustian territory. The cities of Constantinople, Lucretia, Uris, Chalagania, Florathaie, Ostia, Ravenna, Ralispont, Beneventum, and many others were racked by attacks for months. In November, 344 BH, President Rasaslaminos declared martial law. His popularity was flagging by this time, but he managed to win reelection that year.
- Charasian spies began to crack the secrets of the Americianian, Haustian, and Lycian nuclear systems, in cooperation with Falloria, which had developed a full-fledged program by 350 BH. By the end of the year, the weapons codes for nearly half of all Americianian, Haustian, and Lycian systems had been stolen and copied.
- The systems of Thalthire, Oxia Vixius, and Osama are colonized this year. Laurasian colonists have not encountered any native species yet, however.
- The most devastating earthquake in Laurasian history occurs, wrecking the cities of the Americianian West Coast and inflicting more economic damage upon the country.
- In Americana, the economic troubles and governmental issues result in a state of near-anarchy in the Americianian Republic. President Rasalaminos now instigated two measures, attempting to deal with both the terrorist attacks and the increasing issue of homelessness. Acting by his advice, the Americianian Congress passed the Sanctuary District (January, 343 BH), which created special zones for the homeless in all major urban areas, to be supervised by police, local government officials, and detachments of the Americianian Military. The program was meant to confine the homeless in the slums of the major cities. Issues emerged however, as the homeless grew increasingly restless. In April, 343 BH, after a spate of further terrorist attacks by the Syndicate of Yalios, the homeless of Sanctuary District Ultra in Chagalania erupted in a full-scale rebellion. The homeless insurgents killed their guards, seized control of all the administration buildings, and soon spread into the rest of the city. President Rasalaminos ordered for his squads to reassert order, ushering in a massacre that resulted in nearly 40,000 deaths. The outrage resulting from this incidents, and other likes it through November, 343 BH, weakened the President's standing. In February, 342 BH, the Sanctuary District Act was overruled by the Americianian Supreme Court. Two months later, President Raslamaminos and his aides were impeached, convicted, and removed from office. The second of his measures, the Society Control Act, had attempted to employ strict methods in order to crack down on terrorism. The Syndicate of Yalios, however, now turned to other tactics, harassing the members of the government directly. By September, 342 BH, nearly a million beings had died because of their campaigns. In November of that year, the Southern State of Floriana again revolted, soon being joined by the Southern States, who established the Confederacy of the Americianian Righteous. From November, 342 BH until April, 340 BH, Americana was divided in two. This allowed Charasia to occupy the Americianian moon bases a second time in January, 341 BH, and to confiscate Americianian bases in the Great Eastern Ocean. It also seized control of the Americianian shipyards. The Americianian colony of Oxia Vixius proclaimed itself the independent Republic of Oxia Vixius in March, 341 BH, and was not to be subdued by Charasia until several years later. Finally, by April, 340 BH, the leader of the Righteous Confederacy, Antiochus Daviasius, had seized Colombia and proclaimed himself Americianian President for life. He soon purged all his opponents and assumed dictatorial powers.
- The Haustian Union, which was also a victim of the terrorist attacks, disintegrated. Chilsia, Darsis, Lusitania, and Inoria announced the dissolution of the Union in March, 343 BH. Two months later, the government of Chilsia was overthrown by anarchists, who divided the country into "autonomous regions", each to be controlled by the crowds. The country slipped into anarchy, and all of its bases in space were seized by Charasia in September. In December, radicals seized control of the Mararian government. They launched the nuclear weapons under their control in February, 342 BH, destroying the Haustian Shipyards and annhilating the Darsian colony of Calaxis I. A joint intervention by Osriana, Lusitania, and Inoria halted any further damage, and Mararia was purged of its regime by November.
- Falloria invaded and annexed Abay, clearing out the cells of the Syndicate of Yalios in that country. It also prepared a invasion of Chandragupta, which was ravaged by the Yalios bands.
- The population of Laurasia Prime reached 50 billion (January, 340 BH), with 500 million at the moon bases and the outposts, and 200 million outside of the Laurasian Solar System.
- The dictatorship of the Americianian President Antiochus Daviasius instigated a series of economic, social, health, and military policies. As regards to the economy, Daviasius reduced unemployment by drafting citizens into massive public works programs, nationalizing the Stock Market, and implementing a program of extensive militarization. The Americianian Navy constructed new spaceports and shipyards on and above Laurasia Prime, seeking to expand its capabilities. It expanded its nuclear weapons arsenal, unaware that Charasia possessed most of the weapons codes. The Americianian Government also implemented harsh justice and monitoring laws, imposing its police and Agents over every segment of the population. Daviasius drafted plans for the conquest of the Central Americanian Union, Caudisa, and South Westar. In public however, he maintained peaceful relations with other countries. In February, 339 BH, he signed the Pact of Allos with Charasia, acknowledging its annexation of the Americianian moon bases and colonies. In November, he signed non-aggression pacts with the Central Union and the countries of South Westar. In 338 BH, Americana hosted a series of health, welfare, military coordination, and space interests conferences. In 337 BH, however, Daviasius launched a massive invasion of Amagasoria, seeking to clear out the Syndicate of Yalios. In a series of fierce battles, which involved the use of guided missiles, the country was fully subdued by December, 336 BH. In January, 335 BH, Amagasoria was annexed to the Americianian Republic.
- Falloria conquered Chandragupta (336-335 BH).
- Charasia annexed the nation of Milgonia (337 BH).
- The Lycian Communist Union conquered Laudermia, now deprived of the benefits of the Haustian Union (336 BH).
- Mararia was handed over to the Popes of Almitism as their personal dominion (335 BH).
- The systems of Augis I and Augis II were colonized by Charasia (338-335 BH).
- Australasia and the central islands of the Great Eastern Ocean signed a military pact with Charasia (336-335 BH).
- Laurasian population reached 60 billion, a vast increase in five years (335 BH).
- The Americianian Republic annexed Darsian and Chilsian possessions in the Syrenes Sea after applying extensive diplomatic pressure on both countries.
- Charasia annexed Koriana, which had become engulfed in civil tensions.
- Lycia conquered the lands of Southern Centralita and Tatiana, extending its jurisdiction to Yusania and Amagasoria.
- Falloria annexed the lands of the Krayian and Vietian kingdoms.
- Wallachia and Polosia unified into one republic.
- Lusitania and Inoria signed a military pact.
- Twelve more star systems were colonized by Charasia and Falloria.
- During these years, war erupted between the Americianian Republic on one side, and Darsis, Chilsia, Wallachia, Inoria, and Lusitania on the other. President Daviasius, believing that the Haustian Nations were now weak, demanded for Americianian interests in the Polar Islands and Richland to be recognized (March, 333 BH). The Haustian Nations, however, refused, and reestablished the Haustian Union, this time on a firmer basis (July, 333 BH). Americana thereafter staged a series of naval incidents with Richland, and in August, 333 BH, invaded the island. In September, the Haustian Union declared war against the Americianian Republic. By the end of October, however, Richland, the Polar Islands, and Targay had been subdued. Lycia then took advantage of the troubles to annex Maryneria and Hanubia (November-December, 333 BH). In January, 332 BH, the Haustian Union also declared war against Lycia. It now came under attack from two sides. The Americianians conquered Darsis, Chilsia, and Tardork (February-July, 332 BH), while Lycia subdued Barshoria, Barlavia, Katharina, Javaria, and Grinae during those same months. Mararia, Alohemia, Trinithia, and Osriana presented more of a resistance however. By November, 332 BH, offensives had stalled. In January, 331 BH, Lycia, seeking to gain more of the spoils, declared war on Americana and conquered Targay, Tardork, and parts of the Polar Islands from its forces. Americana, however, now invaded and subdued Eastern Oceania (February-April, 331 BH), which alarmed Charasia. Charasia then threatened to intervene unless if the Americianians withdrew their forces. The Americianians refused, and in May, 331 BH, Charasia destroyed the Americianian shipyards in the Laurasian Solar System. Two months later, the Americianian force in Eastern Oceania was obliterated by far-larger Charasian armies, who then annexed the region to Charasia. In August, Americana declared war on Charasia, but found itself unable to use its nuclear weapons arsenal, as Charasia had seized control of them. In September, Charasian and Fallorian armies advanced through Tatiana to Osriana, driving Americianian naval fleets from the region and holding the Lycians back. By the end of the year, Grinae, Barlavia, and Katharina had been secured by them, while Yusania was annexed by Falloria (January, 330 BH). In February, Amagasoria was invaded and conquered by Falloria. In April, the use of guided missiles resulted in the Americianian withdrawal from Lusitania, Inoria, and Chilsia. In May, Americana sued for peace. The Treaty of Heliotrope (July, 330 BH), allowed them to retain Darsis, Richland, and the Polar Islands. In October, Lycia sued for peace, and its gains in Maryneria, Polosia, and Barlavia were recognized. By the end of 330 BH, Chilsia, Lustiania, Inoria, Mararia, Wallachia, the Low Countries, Targay, Tardork, Grinae, Katharina, Javaria, Barshoria, and Alohemia had all become Charasian vassals.
- Australasia invaded and conquered Americianian Artica (330 BH), and Americianian efforts to recover it failed.
- The population of Laurasia Prime reached 67 billion (330 BH), while the population of the moon bases exceeded 1 billion and the extra-solar population skyrocketed to nearly 800 million.
- Australasia sent a fleet of 20 dimensional ships to colonize twenty star systems of its own.
- The Lycian Communist leaders were assassinated by a cadre of politicians and liberal military officers, who established the Lycian Democratic Republic.
- Falloria exterminated the final remnants of the Syndicate of Yalios.
- Charasian colonists in the Augis III star system encountered the Auganite species, a primitive tribal civilization who possessed none of the advanced technology held by the Laurasians. The colonists, employing ruthless methods, established a series of military outposts on Augis III, imposed their customs over the Auganites, and forced their leaders to sign treaties, surrendering the lands and resources to the Charasians. A Auganite band letter, Bo'ai, organized resistance to the Charasian colonists, however.
- Charasian scientists improved the engineering and propulsion systems of the dimensional ships, so that they could now cover ten light years within a year, instead of five. Also, these systems would not require rests and could be adjusted even after the course had been set. The Charasians now planned to colonize all star systems within a radius of 200 light years over the next twenty years. Dr. Demetrius Anasamius, however, who by this time was a respected Charasian professor and engineer, began to further develop his theories for FTL travel.
- The first message from another species was received when a short transmission, sent by the Clancians, arrived at Laurasia Prime. This message expressed interest in Laurasian society and history and stated its hopes that that the two species would one day meet. The message had been sent in 360 BH, but took thirty-one years to reach Laurasia Prime because of the primitive communications technology of the time.
- The cells of Bo'ai's resistance band engaged in a series of sneak attacks, raids, and harassment campaigns against the Charasian colonial Posts. Such actions angered the governor of the Charasian colony in Augis III, who ordered for the countryside to be ravaged through harsh methods. Nearly 100,000 Auganites were slaughtered and another 100,000 were captured. Bo'ai however, evaded capture, and although he was at a severe technological advantage, he continued his efforts against the Charasians.
- The Cellini Space Agency dispatched a response message to the direction from which the Clancian message had arrived. This message is estimated by Laurasian scientists and astronomers to be able to arrive at Clancia within the next twenty-five years.
- Australasia established the Australasian Colonization and Exploration Agency to supervise its efforts.
- President Daviasius of the Americianian Republic is deposed in a coup by General Mithridates Hendarania, who proclaimed himself President for Life and Supreme Leader of the Americianian Republic. General Hendarania declared that his intentions were to "restore Americianian power, reorganize our military forces, and insure our strength". He also declared that he found the culprit for why the Americianians had lost the war: the presence of Explosanian, South Westarian, and Cellini minorities among its population. Hendarania thereafter implemented the Special Powers Act, which authorized for special government measures in order to "insure the stability of the Americanian Government". He thereafter expelled all non-Americianians from the civil service and the military. By the end of the year, all non-Americianians had also been forbidden to marry Americianians or employ them in their businesses.
- Within the Americianian Republic, further events occurred. President Hendarania pursued his policies of military expansion, racial discrimination, and "national morale-building". Determined to restore Americana's place as a major power, he instigated a extensive series of engineering, construction, public works, and armaments programs, attempting to rebuild the Amercianian economy and the military at the same time. By December, 326 BH, the Americianian Army, with reinforcements provided by conscripts raised in Richland, Darsis, and the Polar Islands, had become the third-largest on Laurasia Prime, after the armies of Charasia and Falloria. This was a place it had not held for many decades. The Amercianian Navy was in fourth place, after the Charasian, Fallorian, and Australasian Navies. In order to provide the labor for his efforts, Hendarania turned to the same minorities whom he was persecuting. In February, 325 BH, all Explosansian and Cellini persons within Americana were ordered to report to ghettos, where they would be sealed off from the rest of the population. Five months later, all able-bodied male non-Americanian persons were conscripted for labor. President Hendarania ordered for a series of concentration camps to be established, and by the middle of 324 BH, nearly 100 million people were herded in these places. Finally, he instigated a program of propaganda, with bombastic insults and lies about Charasia, the Haustian Union, Australasia, and other countries.
- In January, 323 BH, Charasia, Falloria, Australasia, Mexicana, and Caudisa signed the Treaty of Maralor, by which they promised to assist each other in any future war with Americana. Americana in response, opened up negotiations with the Union of North Explosansis. Although the Explosanian Union despised Americana's policies towards its racial minorities, it nevertheless decided to join "the enemy of its enemy", for it was by now terrified of Charasian and Fallorian ambitions. In March, 323 BH, the Treaty of Colombia was signed between the two nations. By the middle of 323 BH, all nations became engaged in a extensive military buildup. Americana's was the most rapid, and by the end of 323 BH, it had the second-largest navy and was tied with Falloria in army size.
- Bo'ai was finally cornered and captured in December, 325 BH. He was executed in January of the following year, thus ending the Resistance of Augis III.
- Australasian, Charasian, Fallorian, and Haustian scientists held a conference (January, 325 BH) in Osraninpolis, drafting plans for the creation of a sophisticated communications link system with their colonies, which was to be supported by relay stations, transmission posts, and signal starbases. In April, 325 BH, the Cellini and Australasian Space Agencies, in cooperation with the remnants of the Haustian Space Agency, announced their plans for the construction of the first extra-solar Laurasian communications system. Construction began in January, 324 BH.
- Cirhon was annexed by Australasia (March, 323 BH).
- The International Space Service, which had been a ceremonial institution since the 370s BH, is finally dissolved (June, 323 BH). The Laurasian World Assembly had already lapsed in January, 339 BH.
- Americana annexed the Darsian colonies of the Great Western Ocean and began sending troops to its southern border with Mexicana.
- Mexicana annexed the Wayward Islands, which had remained outside of the Central Americianian Union.
- The Union of South Westar signed a non-aggression pact with the Great Alliance (as the coalition of Charasia, Mexicana, Caudisa, Falloria, and Australasia was known).
- Falloria announced its direct annexation of Osriana and Grinae.
- Lycia signed secret pact arrangements with Americana, as it was determined to recover Eastern Oceania from Charasia and gain control of Osriana, Grinae, and the southern Hanubian Balkans from Falloria.
- The first link of the Laurasian communications system, that connecting Laurasia Prime with Maroni, is completed by the Charasian Republic. This significantly improves communications with that particular colony, reducing it from a time-lapse of five months to a lapse of just one day. The Australasian link with its colonies at Tanathoria, Sopalaka, and Marsalina was virtually complete, but still required the installation of the relay post within the outskirts of the Laurasia Prime Star System.
- Americana constructed a new shipyard in orbit of Laurasia Prime, but it was dwarfed by the far-larger shipyards of Charasia, Falloria, and Australasia.
- President Hendarania issued secret Military Directives for the preparation of military campaigns against Caudisa, Mexicana, and the countries of the Haustian Continent, in cooperation with Lycia and Explosansis.
- Mexicana's president was assassinated, ushering in a succession crisis which weakened that country's economic and military position, leaving it more exposed to Amercianian attack.
- Laurasia Prime's population exceeded 75 billion (January, 320 BH), while the population of the moon bases passed 5 billion and the extra-solar Laurasian population exceeded 1 billion. This great explosion had taken place because ever-increasing numbers of Laurasians had decided to get away from the political and military tensions on Laurasia Prime by traveling to the Laurasian colonies The most populous system colonized by the Laurasians to this point is Maroni, which had a population of 100 million by 320 BH. Out of the one hundred Laurasian colony worlds which now existed, sixty were controlled by Charasia, twenty-five by Falloria, ten by Australasia, and five by the other countries, such as Mexicana and the Haustian Powers. Americana, which had lost its colonies to Charasia in earlier decades, was now solely a power in the Laurasia Prime Star System.
- Oxia Vixius, which had remained independent since 341 BH, is finally subdued by Charasia (March, 320 BH).
- The long-building tensions amongst the Laurasian nations finally erupted into another full-scale conflict. In April, 320 BH, President Hendarania sent a ultimatum to the Government of the Republic of Caudisa, demanding that the Americianian Republic be granted military access, economic preference, and space tourism privileges. Caudisa, in a alliance with Charasia, Falloria, and Australasia, felt alarmed by the Americianian demands. In May, the Caudisan Government rejected the Americianian ultimatum. Americana then responded by launching two swift invasion operations. In July, Americanian armies invaded Caudisa, followed a month later by the Americianian entry into Mexicana, still distracted by its governmental turmoil. Charasia, Falloria, and Australasia swiftly declared war against Americana (August, 320 BH), but found themselves unable to send their allies in the Westar continents much support. Although the Americianian shipyards were conquered by Charasia (September, 320 BH), the Americianians overran Caudisa and Mexicana, with both countries surrendering by the end of November. In December, Americianian space fleets, hastily assembled, managed to conquer the Mexicanian and Caudisan moon bases, military outposts, and supply stations. Americana's forces in Haustia then invaded and conquered Chilsia, Inoria, and Lustiania (January-April, 319 BH), while Explosansis declared war against Falloria (May, 319 BH), and sent troops into Gedrosia, Yusania, and Osriana. In June, 319 BH, Americianian forces advanced to Mararia, while Australasia lost Artica to superior Americianian troops in Caudisa.
- Lycia, believing that Charasia was doomed, declared war against it and Falloria (July, 319 BH) and invaded. Eastern Oceania was conquered, as was Barlavia, but Fallorian troops penetrated into Centralita as far as the Central Rivers. By the end of 319 BH, Americana's troops were in Mararia, but Explosanian troops had been pushed back to Yurthria and Jatheria (which had been under Explosanian rule since 335 BH).
- During 318 BH, Americana reached the greatest extent of its power during the conflict. In January, 318 BH, its forces subdued Mararia, and in February, Americana violated the neutrality of South Westar, invading and conquering that continent. Northern Explosansis, on the other hand, experienced further reverses at the hands of Falloria, and by April, 318 BH, its forces had lost Jatheria and Akkania to the Fallorian armies. In May, Falloria launched a invasion of the Horn of Explosansis, but they were unable to advance any further beyond that. In May, 318 BH, Americana conquered Cirhon, but was unable to assault the Australasian islands of the central Fallorian Ocean. Lycia, in the meantime, lost most of Centralita to Falloria and suffered reverses in Milgonia. Charasian forces then reinforced the Australasians, who halted a Americianian offensive towards the Southern Islands (June-July, 318 BH). In August, however, the Americianians seized the Australasian moon bases. In September, President Hendarania conscripted many of the conquered peoples into the Americianian labor forces, and he ordered the compilation of a policy directed at the extermination of the pre-war non-Americianian racial minorities. By December, the Amercianian troops were instigating a policy of massacre and extermination. By the end of 317 BH, nearly 200 million beings had been murdered.
- During 317 BH, however, the fortunes of war for the "Unified Republic" of Americana changed drastically. The Americianians now attempted to shore up their Explosanian allies, and in January, 317 BH, Americianian troops in Mararia launched a massive amphibious invasion of Grinae, the Acolonian Islands, and Southern Osriana. Gentz, Osraninpolis, the cities of the Lower Plain, Redosia, and Violetnam were conquered from the Fallorians, but the Americianian offensive against the Straits of the Euxine Sea failed (January-March, 317 BH). In April, 317 BH, Fallorian troops advanced from Barlavia, repelling Americianian advance units. And then a month later, the Amercianian army in Grinae was annihilated in a series of surprise offensives by the Fallorian troops. By July, the Fallorians had reconquered the Acolonian Islands, Grinae, and Souther Osriana. In August, Fallorian troops advanced forth in the Horn of Explosansis, at the same time that a Amercianian-Lycian offensive against Koriana was repelled. In September, Charasia reconquered Milgonia and forced the Lycians to retreat to Eastern Oceania. Then in October, the Charasians drove the Amercianian naval forces off of the two Calaxies and Jadia. In November, the Caudisan and Mexicanian bases were conquered from the Americianians. By the end of the year, the tide of the war was turning against Americana, Northern Explosansis, and Lycia.
- In February, 316 BH, Charasia reconquered Eastern Oceania, while Fallorian troops crossed the Tethornes Mountains and ranged to the Al-Volgan River. Fallorian, Charasian, and Haustian troops also advanced into Letousia, Paujaica, and Exarlia, driving the Explosansians from the Great Haustian Sea and cutting off the Americianian naval bases. By June, the Explosansians had been driven to positions towards the Burtharxia Plateau and the High Plains of the Western Horn. In July, Charasian and Australasian troops launched a major naval expedition to Cirhon, cutting off the Americianian garrisons there. Cirhon was recovered by September. In August, Fallorian and Australasian troops destroyed Amercianian naval forces in the Great Eastern Ocean. By November, Australasian, Charasian, and Fallorian troops were poised for a major offensive into Artica, while the Fallorians had driven the Americanians from Mararia. In December, the Fallorians landed in Inoria, advancing as far as Calsthays and Beneventum.
- Charasian forces in Augis II, Augis III, Oxia Vixius, Maroni, and Janesia crushed a series of uprisings by local independence movements (January, 319 BH-December, 316 BH).
- In January, 315 BH, Artica was invaded by nearly three million Charasian and two million Australasian troops, who drove into the tundras of the province and isolated the Amercianian bases of the Northern Sound, the Alaskar Heights, and Imasays Joint. By February, Amercianian forces were retreating back into Caudisa. The Artican capital city Masalis was conquered (March, 315 BH) and all of Artica was secured. At the same time, the Fallorians and Charasians launched a massive offensive from Milgonia and Centralita, overrunning the majority of the Eastern Lycian Provinces and penetrating to the Lyadasian River. At the same time, Fallorian and Haustian troops penetrated to the Al-Volgan River, destroying a number of Lycian forts, military stations, and posts. In May, 315 BH, Northern Explosansis surrendered and was occupied by Falloria. In June, 315 BH, Fallorian forces, freed from the front in Explosansis, launched a series of new offensives against Lycia. Barlavia and Florencia were conquered within two months, while Lycian units were driven out of the Northern Islands. In September, 315 BH, Lycia sued for peace. The Treaty of Antrim was signed in October, 315 BH. As a result of this agreement, Falloria annexed all of the Hanubian Balkans, as well as Florencia, Al-Volga, Centralita, and the Northern Tethrones. Charasia recovered Eastern Oceania and annexed the Lycian Cellini Provinces, reducing Lycia to control of the Lycian hinterland, Laudermia, Maryneria, Polosia, and the Baltian Provinces. During these months, Fallorian forces drove the Amercianians from Lusitania, advanced through Alohemia into Wallachia, and launched raids against Chilsia. In October, the Charasians and Fallorians launched a massive offensive into Chilsia, driving all Amercianian troops from that territory by November. In December, a Fallorian naval expedition harried the Wayward Islands and weakened Amercianian positions in the Syrenes Sea.
- In this year, a major event occurred in the Space Age History of Laurasia. Dr. Demetrius Anasamius, in the three decades since he had originally written his dissertation on his subspace theories, had engaged in a series of experiments in order to prove his theory. Determined to show that a device could developed which could reach FTL speeds within a certain range, he had traveled on one of the colonization ships in 337 BH, to the star system of Tamplais, which was colonized by the Charasian Republic. There, when he was not performing his duties in the maintenance of the colony, he conducted his personal experiments and tests. Anasamius took advantage of the discovery of the metal alloy, verethian cortasium, which had been first detected by Laurasian colonists in the Augis I system, as early as 345 BH. Such a alloy, scientists and mining specialists reasoned, would, if energized in a particular manner, create a subspace field which would warp the space around it, thus creating the tunnel which would accelerate the ship at faster speeds. This would be more effective then the previous acceleration at the lower FTL speeds provided by the nuclear-fusion devices of the dimensional ships. In 332 BH, Anasamius had published a essay on the alloy, in which he elaborated his beliefs that the alloy would be a major component of a future FTL device. In 330 BH, he constructed a personal laboratory on Augis I (to which he had moved in 332 BH) for the development, testing, and launch of rockets, prototype craft, and other such spacecraft. In 327 BH, Anasamius constructed a series of coils, which he would use to energize the device systems for his test. A nuclear fusion reactor, fitted with the new alloys, was installed in a unmanned vessel, which was also fitted with the coils. In 326 BH, he conducted a series of tests, during which his unmanned vessel hit the lower FTL speeds of the dimensional ships for several seconds. The vessel nearly reached the FTL level which he desired, but it then drew back. Further tests did not reach the same levels, and he soon discovered that his design had engineering and mechanical flaws. During the next several years, Anasamius improved his models, conducting a series of further tests. He also constructed prototype rockets and launched them from Augis I. One of the rockets accelerated at a fast pace outside of the Solar System (320 BH), but then slowed abruptly and went down to sub-light speeds.
- The outbreak of the Great Laurasian War in 320 BH forced Anasamius to downscale his experiments, as Augis I focused its efforts on constructing a series of defenses and maintaining a state of military readiness. Anasamius himself served on the Bureau of Defense and Security for the Star System in 319-318 BH. By 318 BH, however, it became clear that the Amercianians would not progress to outside of the Laurasia Prime Star System. Anasamius thus resumed his experiments. With the assistance of his engineering team, Anasamius turned his attention to constructing a final model for the prototype warp drive he had developed. That model proved to be a unused colonial missile launcher, which had been given to Anasamius by the Colonial Government for his experiments in 317 BH. Anasamius refitted the vessel. The front part of the missile launcher was reconfigured to become a command capsule, while the back part was configured to house a fuselage, which was to contain the engine and reactor systems. The command capsule was to have a suite of life support systems, modified versions of those that existed on the dimensional ships, as well as atmospheric reentry thrusters and parachutes. The ship would also have "support arms", which would provide better protection from radiation then had existed previously. Inside the support arms were "particle collectors", which would supplement the hydrogen fusion systems Anasamius had designed by providing the ship with extra fuel molecules from space. The collectors had been used on the dimensional ships since 347 BH, when they were first developed, but Anasamius was the first to employ them in a effective manner. Anasamius also employed two other systems, which were to eventually become vital systems to the hyperdrive as well (except in modified form): the navigational deflector, designed to push harmful molecules away from the ship, and the inertial damper, which would protect the onboard passengers from being liquefied by the warp acceleration. Previously, armor and acceleration control systems had been employed.
- Finally, by April, 314 BH, Anasamius was ready to commence his warp tests. On 4 April, 314 BH (this date deriving from the General History of the Laurasian Civilization, the 3rd century historical work by the Venerable Socrates), which was 4 April, AA 2086, Anasamius tested the warp drive. His vessel reached a speed of what would eventually be rendered as Level Three, with 4 light years which could be traveled in three days. Anasamius's ship traveled far faster then any of the dimensional ships. Anasamius was congratulated by the Colonial Government of Augis I, and news of his achievement was dispatched back to Laurasia Prime, using the communications system (largely finished by 315 BH).
- During this year, the Great Laurasian War continued to rage. In January, 314 BH, the Charasian and Fallorian forces launched a major invasion of Darsis. The ancient districts of East Emmerina, Collsett, Kathnysex, and West Emmerina were swiftly overrun, but Americianian troops managed to delay any advances far north of the Uris River. Uris itself served as a major Americianian command post. President Hendarania ordered for the efforts of the Americanian Extermination Program to be intensified within the territories of Darsis and Richland still under Americanian control, and forbade any of his armies to retreat. Nearly 50 million beings died in a series of massacres and mass murders during the first five months of 314 BH. In March, 314 BH, the Americianians launched a counteroffensive, briefly driving to the Harcourt Valley. This was ended by the Charasians in May however. Uris was besieged from June, finally falling to the Coaliton forces in July, 314 BH. By the end of August, 314 BH, a Charasian force, having secured Tardork and Targay from the Americianian forces, landed in the Highlands of Hisland, progressing quickly to Wesolum, Lower Moesia, and the Districts of the Hislan Heights. By the end of November, 314 BH, most of the Island of Great Darsis had been secured by the Coalition forces. Matthies, however, resisted, and a stalemate had ensued. During those months, Charasian-Australasian forces had conquered the Caudisan provinces of Yukaria, Nunatia, and Samasia. Then, in December, 314 BH, a Australasian force landed in western Mexicana.
- Dr. Anasamius was recognized by the Cellini Space Agency and the Australasian Agencies for his efforts in developing and his success in developing the warp drive. Anasamius was awarded a large sum by the Charasian President, Eutopias Asolas (in office 317-310 BH), granted the Honors of the Order of the Charasian Heroines, and appointed as the head of the Inter-Laurasian Conference on the Development of Warp Technology, which was charged with producing more warp prototypes, conducting a series of further tests to detect the potential of FTL ships traveling at the third factor, and eventually refitting all currently existing Laurasian dimensional ships, warships, and colonization vessels with the new technology. Anasamius immediately moved to Dearton's Gateway, which had become a major Charasian development post. During the next three years, he and the committee conducted a series of tests, constructing new warp prototypes, developing new regulations for warp travel, and issuing suggestions on how the vessels could be adapted to the new technology.
- The Great Laurasian War concluded in this year, although it left behind a atmosphere in which the Americianian Republic would eventually be completely destroyed just under a decade later. The Australasian forces in Mexicana soon advanced forth, conquering the coastal regions of Teliopa, Et', and Aasolar. In Darsis, by March, 313 BH, the Fallorian army had reached the coast of the Western Matthies, destroying the Americianian military fortresses of Intensum, Asolrum, and Epanius. A month later, the last Americianian army in Great Darsis was destroyed. In May, 313 BH, Richland was invaded and swiftly conquered. From this new base, the Polar Islands were subdued (June-July, 313 BH), depriving the Americianian Navy of some of its primary bases. President Asolas then threatened to use the Charasian intermediate missiles unless if Americana surrendered at once. President Hendarania, who realized that if Americana continued to resist, it would face inevitable defeat, decided to submit. In September, 313 BH, the Treaty of Nasamashire was signed. By the terms of this agreement, Charasia acquired Darsis, Chilsia, Richland, and the Polar Islands, while Falloria gained recognition of its rule over the Hanubian Balkans. Australasia gained firm control of Artica and also annexed the western Caudisan provinces. The remainder of Caudisa and Mexicana were restored to their independence. Limits were imposed on Americanian military strength, and President Hendarania was forced to end his non-Americianian programs.
- Charasia, Falloria, and Australasia restored their resources in the wake of the Great Laurasian War. Charasia in particular, instigated a extensive program of military reform, as the conflict had revealed that the Charasian military had technical, organization, and command issues. This program, which was embodied in a series of Defensive Statements issued by the Charasian Government in 312-311 BH, resulted in the expansion and reorganization of the Charasian Military Command, the creation of a separate Charasian Space Arm, the extension of the Charasian Navy, and the revitalization of the Charasian tactical weapons program. Falloria implemented similar reforms with its military structure. Tensions between the two allied countries increased during this time however. In February, 312 BH, the Pass of Kyamaia Incident took place, as Charasian and Fallorian troops at the Amagasorian Pass fired at each other due to a communications misunderstanding. A year later, a Fallorian fleet of boating vessels was impounded by Charasian authorities in the Great Eastern Ocean. Skirmishes and complications emerged along the Charasian-Fallorian border. Falloria now made plans for a future war against Charasia, and signed a military alliance pact with Australasia in secret (January, 311 BH). By January, 310 BH, Charasia had signed pacts with Lycia and Southern Explosansis.
- Americana, which remained under the rule of President Hendarania, was embittered by its defeat in the Great Laurasian War. President Hendarania sought to secretly violate the Treaty Terms by expanding Americana's nuclear weapons arsenal further. He became determined to ensure that in a future conflict, that when Americana went down, it would cause as much damage on its neighbors and enemies as possible. By the end of 310 BH, Americana was geared for a further conflict.
- The population of Laurasia Prime reached 87 billion (January, 310 BH), while that of the moon bases approached 5 billion and that of the extra-solar Star Systems reached 2 billion. By now, the Charasian Space Agency was planning to begin employing the new warp drives of Anasamius, but called for a conference, to take place in 309 BH, in order to settle any remaining outstanding matters.
- The International Conference on the Warp Drive was attended by representatives of Charasia, Falloria, Australasia, Lycia, Mararia (the last remaining Haustian Nation not under the control of one of the Cellini Powers or of the remnants of Lycia), Southern Explosansis, Mexicana, Caudisa, and the remaining countries of the Cellini Middle East. Americana, under a bitter President Hendarania, refused to attend the Conference. At the conference, Anasamius displayed his warp prototypes and stated his belief that his warp drive would result in further progress for the civilizations and peoples of Laurasia Prime and her colonies. The conference, which was invested with authority over the matter by the governments of the attending nations, decreed that the warp drive was now to be the standard engine and method of propulsion on all Laurasian space vessels, whether for colonization, exploration, military, or tourism purposes. A warp scale system was devised, ranging from 1 to 7. This was based on the calculations of Laurasian engineers, mathematicians, physicists, astronomers, and specialists, including Anasamius himself. The Conference announced the plans for a new class of ship, the Explorer-class, whose specifications would be planned out by Anasamius. Finally, it was decided that cartographers and astronomers would cooperate on formulating the first "warp highways", as they were called by Anasamius, which would provide detailed and accurate space highways of travel for Laurasian ships traveling to other systems. These highways were the earliest Laurasian FTL routes in space, and would become the ancestors of the hyperoutes. The Laurasian Commission for Space Travel was created, the first all-Laurasian nation encompassing agency (with the exception of the failing Americana).
- The Americianian Republic now faced internal perils of its own. The Charasian Intelligence Agency discovered the existence of the new Americianian nuclear weapons arsenal (February, 309 BH) and deemed it a supreme threat to the security of Laurasia Prime and of Charasia itself. It was thus decided that Charasian agents would break into the weapons codes employed by the Americanians, as they had done in the past. In March, 309 BH, a top-secret Intelligence Project was set up by Charasia, Falloria, and Australasia, in order to assume control of the Americianian nuclear arsenal. They would work vigorously on their task over the remainder of the year. In the meantime, Charasian Intelligence encouraged rebellions and uprisings within Americanian territory. In June, 309 BH, the Americianian states of Numbia and Screland revolted, declaring themselves to be independent republics. President Hendarania was helpless to do much, for he was not willing to use his arsenal, which would have exposed him to the other nations (although he was exposed already). His army was also still too weak to crush the revolts, because of the Treaty limitations. As such, he was forced to recognize their independence in November of that year. In December, the President survived a assassination attempt.
- Charasia signed treaties with Numbia and Screland, as a measure against Americana. The Charasians also completed their military buildup, and the High Command of the Charasian Armed Forces was ordered to begin drafting plans for a final war with Americana. By the end of the year, the Charasians were on a War Alert.
- Construction began on the fleet of the Explorer-class colonization vessels, whose creation had been decreed by the International Conference on the Warp Drive the previous year. As the Conference had dictated, the construction of the vessels was supervised by Anasamius. Although these vessels were constructed by the Laurasian Space Agencies in cooperation with each other, Anasamius himself developed his own private ambitions, determined to make a profit from his invention. In March, 308 BH, a month after construction on the Explorer-class vessels commenced, he established Anasamius Propulsion Systems (APS), a firm whose goals were to develop, refine, and manufacture warp drives, cooperate with the Space Agencies and other space construction firms on matters relating to engineering and propulsion, and insure that continued Laurasian technological progress in FTL technology was made. APS was to survive until the 1st century BH.
- President Hendarania of the Americianian Republic survived another assassination attempt and contended with a series of terrorist attacks.
- In a symbolic move, the leaders of the Faith of Truism, and Pope Benedict "the Reformer" (Pope 325-301), held a conference in Ralispont on matters concerning the possible reunification of their two faiths. There were still, even after a elapse of 1,400 years, many theological and spiritual differences between Truism and Almitism. The Pope, however, firmly believed that for the religion of Almitis to survive, it needed to encompass all Laurasian believers. He and his predecessors had already implemented a series of theological and organizational reforms, which had modernized the Traditionalist Almitian Church and adopted the new discoveries of space travel to within its creed. Now he was working towards a reunion with Truism, a precursor before his eventual planned effort with the denominations of Reformed Almitism. The conference will continue for the next two years, until its efforts finally culminate in the reunification of (Traditional) Almitism and Truism.
- President Hendarania of the Americianian Republic issued the final directives of war with his advisers, which indicated his intention to "ensure that all Laurasia Prime will be annihilated with us" in case of war. By this time however, the Charasians, Fallorians, and Australasians have deciphered most of the Americianian weapons codes, and were thus prepared to deal with the Americianian threat. The Charasian Navy decided to impose a blockade of the Americianian coasts, in order to ensure that Americianian trade with other parts of Laurasia Prime was cut off. As the Americianian Navy had been abolished by the Treaty Terms, the Americianians were unable to do anything to break the blockade. Caudisa and Mexicana also posted troops at their borders with Americana, while Australasia sent reinforcements into its Western Caudisan Provinces. The Pope, who found time to engage himself in other matters, issued the first diplomatic statement by the Church in over seventy years, supporting the efforts of the Charasians and condemning Americana for its "cruel practices and its heresies".
- The final remaining non-Fallorian lands in the Cellini Middle East, the Jibini Peninsula States, are annexed by Falloria.
- Construction continues on the Explorer-class vessels. Anasamius also established the first warp-geared shipyards in the Laurasia Prime star system. By now, his vessels have spread to all Laurasian star systems. Anasamius also suggests that the communication system is refitted to operate on warp relay technology, which would increase its response times. This suggestion will be adopted by Charasia in 302 BH.
- The Almitism-Truism Conference of Ralispont finally reaches its conclusion. After two years of bitter arguments and debate, the Conference finally issues its Definitive Statements. The Pope, who had worried that the Conference would collapse, and who had faced opposition from his own Cardinals, was elated with the results. As a result of this conference, the officials and members of Truism, which still dominated the Cellini Middle East, Explosansis, and Centralita in terms of adherents, as well as holding communities and enclaves in countries around the world and at all of the Laurasian colonies, agreed to recognize the renewed authority of the Pope of the Traditionalist Almitian Church, effective from January 1, AA 2095 (January 1, 305 BH). The Pope was acknowledged as a, but not the, representative, thus mollifying the sensibilities of the Truists. Matthew, the Prophet of Truism, was now recognized as the latest in a line of prophets sent by Almitis, but his views were inferior to those of Paul, who was proclaimed the Supreme Prophet of Almitis. Truist customs such as purity in faith, worship, alms, and humility were incorporated into the belief systems of Almitism, which was now to be comprised of two different sets. Truists would be allowed to retain their ceremonies, their religious edifices, and their customs, but would recognize that Almitian customs took precedence and that the Pope was their leader. Finally, all Truist clergymen were given Almitian positions and titles, and they were required to adopt Almitian religious dress. With this agreement, Truism as a separate faith had ended after well over 1,400 years.
- The first fifty ships of the Explorer-class, which had been built from pre-existing dimensional ship models, were launched from the Laurasia Prime Charasian Shipyards, with Anasamius serving as the master of the ceremonies. The Explorer ships had the same design pattern of other colonization vessels employed by the Laurasians at the time. Their structure consisted of a blocky primary fuselage, with a small command pod forward and four hydrogen rockets which were in the aft of the ship. On the two sides of each ship would be support arms, equipped with molecule collectors, inertia dampeners, and navigational deflectors. The warp engines would be mounted on struts extending from the fuselage section. Parachutes, emergency deploy craft, and ejection devices were included. Each ship would be modular, so that its components could be disassembled upon arrival at the colony-site for the construction of the colony. Each ship would also have a transport pod, carrying extra tools needed. Each one could carry up to 100,000 people. The ships that were launched quickly traveled out of the Laurasia Prime Solar System. By the end of the year, ten ships had reached their destinations, within a range of 200 light years from Laurasia Prime.
- In this year, 305 BH, which was equal to AA 2095, the Unified Republic of Americana, which had at the beginning of the century been the primary Laurasian nation, was destroyed. War tensions finally boiled over in February, 305 BH, as President Hendarania, who believed that his arsenal would give him a advantage over all the others, demanded for Numbia and Screland to return to Americianian territory. He also demanded that Charasia withdraw its blockade fleets, that Caudisa and Mexicana concede border provinces, and that Australasia restore Artica to Americianian authority. Finally, Hendarania demanded that all previously Americianian moon bases and colony worlds in outer space be restored to the Americianian Republic. Charasia, Falloria, and Australasia scorned these demands, dismissing them as mere rumblings. Hendarania now ordered for the Nuclear Weapons System to be engaged. Americana had assembled 20,000 nuclear missiles, but of that number, only five were now operational, as the remainder were under Charasian control. When the nuclear missiles were launched, only those five lifted off and activated, while the rest remained safely inert. Of the five that launched, four were destroyed by Charasian shield defenses. The one which managed to reach its target destroyed the old Lycian Shipyards of the Asteroid Belt, which were now considered outdated and had been abandoned. It did create a thermal breakwater in the middle of the Laurasia Prime Star System, slowing warp travel in that direction. Americana was then invaded by combined Caudisan, Mexicanian, Australasian, and Charasian armies. The Americianian islands of the Syrenes Sea were overrun, and by April, 305 BH, most of the Southern Coast had been secured, while Caudisa had secured the North-eastern States. Americianian resistance, however, proved far more resilient then had been thought possible, and over the next several months, nearly 100 million people were killed. Finally, however, in November, 305 BH, the Coalition armies reached Colombia. President Hendarania and his remaining advisers holed themselves up inside their redoubt, while the Americianian troops struggled hopelessly with the invaders. On 27 November, 305 BH, Colombia was stormed and captured by the Coalition forces. Hendarania committed suicide before he could be captured. Three days later, the last Americianian armies surrendered, and the Americianian Republic had been destroyed.
- Charasia, Caudisa, Mexicana, and Australasia organized a Partition Conference (December, 305 BH), which dealt with the deposition of Americianian territories. The final Treaty of the Partition of the Americianian Republic, signed on 21 December, 305 BH, divided Americana among the conquering nations. Caudisa acquired the Northern States and Provinces of Madania, Mathania, Dakania, the Urill Valley, and the Central State, while Mexicana acquired the Southwestern and Southern States, Australasia the state of DeLoca, and Charasia the district of Colombia, the state of Penania, and the Provinces of the Coast. Falloria, Charasia's ever more dissatisfied ally, was not represented at the conference. Numbia and Screland also were not represented. On the last day of 305 BH, the Fallorian Government revoked the Treaty of Alliance with Charasia.
- Pope Benedict the Reformer of the Almitian Church instigated discussions with the leaders of five major and 250 minor Reformed Almitian denominations, attempting to gain their support for a unified Almitian Church. The leaders of the denominations however, had fundamental theological disagreements with the Pope and with each other. Most of them refused to recognize the Pope as a representative of Almitis and as the leader of the Church. Most said they would only consider a Unified Church if there was no supreme leader or Pope, and even then, their differences over theology would prevent any unified movement. The Pope attempted to get them to reconsider, but they refused. It will not be until the middle of the 3th century BH that the Almitian Church is finally unified.
- The second batch of fifty Explorer-class ships are launched from the Charasian Shipyards of Laurasia Prime. By this time, the Laurasians have colonized nearly five hundred star systems in a range of 300 light years.
- Tensions between the Governments of Falloria and Charasia increased during this time-span. Although the threat of nuclear holocaust had decreased considerably since the Treaty of Non-Proliferation and Disarmament, which had been signed by the Laurasian Governments in December, 306 BH, the prospect of conflict nevertheless alarmed many, as it was understood that many hundreds of millions would die in a future war. The Charasian Government, attempting to maintain the peace, extended a series of offers to the Fallorian Government for conferences to be held, concerning territorial boundaries, economic arrangements, and military armaments, as well as colonization matters and fair access for all Laurasian nations to warp drive technology. The Fallorian Government, under the control of its aggressive and hostile President Argaeus Isalios, made impossible demands however. In March, 304 BH, President Isalios and his advisers demanded that Charasia abandon its territories in Haustia. Obviously, such a course of action was unthinkable for the Charasian Democratic Congress and the Charasian President, Antipater Eulianar. Then a month later, Falloria demanded that Charasian conquests in Americana also be abandoned. With Falloria making such unreasonable demands, all negotiation attempts collapsed. In May, 304 BH, diplomatic relations between the two countries were severed. In June, 304 BH, the Charasian Government signed a secret pact of alliance with Lycia, offering it control of Centralita, Osriana, Yusania, and the territories controlled by Falloria in the Hanubian Balkans. During that same month, Falloria signed similar pacts with Caudisa and Mexicana, offering them Charasian territories in Eastern Americana and in the Syrenes Sea. In July, the Fallorian High Command ordered a mobilization of all its military forces. Then, in August, a border incident staged by Fallorian troops in Barshoria provoked the outbreak of war. Falloria, without issuing a declaration of war, launched a massive invasion of Wallachia, Chilsia, and the Inorian Peninsula. Caudisa at the same time, declared war against Charasia, sending troops into Penania and the District of Colombia. Mexicana then entered the war, sending troops into the Provinces of the Coast.
- War fronts opened thus in Haustia, in the Westar continents, and in Cellini itself. This is not to mention the campaigns and offensives in the Laurasian Solar System, at the moon bases, on the Outer and Inner Worlds, and of course, in the colonial star systems. Immediately, events occurred reflecting the relative strengths of each side. The Charasian garrisons in Colombia, Penania, and the Provinces of the Coast, as well as those in the Varagianian and Rican Islands of the Syrenes Sea, were outnumbered by the combined Caudisan-Mexicanian forces. By the middle of September, Colombia, Philania, Chagalania, and Florathaie had all been secured by the Caudisans, while the Mexicanians had destroyed the Charasian garrisons in the Syrenes Sea. During those same months, Fallorian troops conquered Mendelevia, Halxony, Heletia, and the Braterian provinces of Wallachia, driving Charasian troops to the northern coast. Most of Inoria were overrun, with Beneventum, Madriana, and Calsays falling into the hands of the Fallorian armies. Lusitania was completely overrun. Large portions of southern Chilsia were conquered, with Galdornia, Burgunthia, Jarbonne, and Argorica falling completely within the Fallorian grip. The Charasian armies in Darsis, Richland, Targay, and Tardork, however, remained intact, as sizable Charasian naval forces operated in those regions, preventing a Fallorian offensive. In the Great Fallorian Ocean, Australasia entered the war at the beginning of October, 304 BH, on the side of Charasia. Australasian troops conquered Lower Krayia, Withia, and the Gulf of Miorsania rapidly, while Charasian forces secured Upper Krayia. Charasian and Australasian naval ships, dominating the Great Fallorian and the Great Eastern Oceans, imposed a naval blockade of Falloria, while Charasian aircraft bombarded Fallorian positions. Fallorian armies however, crossed the Chasian Mountains in November, conquering Tibathania and installing a puppet government there. During that same month, Caudisan forces invaded Artica and Western Caudisa, destroying the Australasian forces in those regions. The Fallorians made limited progress in Chilsia and the Low Countries. In December, Lycia, urged on Charasia, entered the war, sending troops into Florencia and the Tethornes regions. Although most of Florencia was overrun, the Lycians suffered severe losses when attempting to advance to the south of the Tethornes Mountains. The Fallorians launched a counteroffensive, penetrating to the Al-Volgan River. During all this time, however, Charasia made considerable gains within the Laurasian Solar System. By the end of December, all Caudisan, Mexicanian, and Fallorian moon bases, stations, shipyards, and solar outposts had been conquered. By the last week of 304 BH, the Charasian Command was making plans for expeditions by the local Charasian militias against the Fallorian colonial star systems.
- One of the Explorer-class ships, the CNS Bethanius's Hammer, which had been launched two years prior and was designed to establish a colony about 270 light years to the north-west of Laurasia Prime (the farthest to be traveled by a Laurasian vessel to that point), was swept along by a magnetic storm and lost contact with Charasian Mission Control on Laurasia Prime. Mission Control attempted many times to reestablish contact, sending out several signals from its most distant post on Zehneran (the edge of what was becoming known as the "Laurasian Region"). Mission Control was unable to send a immediate search ship, as efforts were still focused on establishing the system of warp highways, on preparations in case the war with Falloria spread to the star system, and on the monitoring of the Explorer-class program. After several months, the ship was declared lost. It was not until 105 BH, some two centuries later, that the ship's fate was discovered.
- During this year, the Charasian war with Falloria continued unabated. The year commenced with a series of vigorous Fallorian offensives in Haustia and against Lycia, which brought it gains in Chilsia and Wallachia but severe losses in Lycia and the Northern Islands. At the same, Caudisa and Mexicana entered into their own difficulties, facing a spate of uprisings and rebellions in the conquered territories that were encouraged by Charasia. Finally, a threat would emerge from the Union of South Westar, which had enjoyed strong relations with Charasia for several decades. In January, 303 BH, Fallorian armies invaded the District of Constantinople, cutting off Charasian positions and employing their superior numbers of artillery and tanks to inflict serious defeats on the Charasian garrisons. By the end of January, all of Chilsia had been conquered by the Fallorians. In February, the Fallorian Navy, using newly acquired Chilsian ports, engaged in a series of battles with the Charasian Navy in the Darsian Channel. The Charasians successfully repelled their offensives, and in March, a series of pinpoint projectile attacks by Charasian battle drones inflicted severe damage on Fallorian transports and supply posts. At the same time, the Fallorian Army moved into Florencia, driving Lycian units from the region and soon threatening the Southern Lycian Provinces. Lerith, Crystellys, and the cities of the Over-Thanian Great Plain were conquered, but the Lycians delayed any advance to the Varangian Sea. In April, the Lycian and Charasian Armies combined for a surprise pincer movement across the Centralitan Sea, destroying Fallorian naval transports and pushing towards Yusania. In June, the Lycians destroyed a Fallorian force near the Entry of Tadamanes, and by the middle of July, Fallorian armies were retreating into Florencia.
- During January and February, 303 BH, in the meantime, Charasian militias, naval battalions, and assault vessels equipped with energized lasers, new compounded armor, and the fastest warp prototypes, as developed by Anasamius and his team of scientists, launched offensives against Fallorian colonies at Osama, Thalthire, and Apathamia Vixius. All three colonies were conquered. In March, the Charasians disrupted the Fallorian communications link with Falloria Major, their earliest and primary colony world (since 355 BH). Falloria Major itself fell in April. By June, all Caudisan and Mexicanian colony systems had been seized as well. Then, by the middle of July, the last Fallorian colony had been conquered. Australasia, in the meantime, had been successful in continued campaigns against Falloria. During March and April, Australasian armies progressed through the jungles and marshes of the Agur Forest, outmaneuvering larger Fallorian armies. By June, most of Agarania and Eastern Salasia has been conquered by the Australasians. The Charasians themselves pushed Fallorian units back to the Chasian Mountains. In August, however, Charasian offensives into Centralita were blunted, while the Fallorians completed their conquest of the Low Countries and destroyed the final remaining Charasian garrisons in northern Wallachia. In September, Darsis and Richland were subjected to a series of fierce drone attacks, which resulted in the deaths of some 60 million civilians. As late as this, Charasia had not established a fully-developed anti-drone defense system. In October, however, Charasia's negotiations with South Westar finally bore their just reward. South Westar declared war against Mexicana and Caudisa, deciding to use its highly disciplined and well-armed army, naval, and air forces to assault the Syrenes Sea. In November, the Wayward Islands were conquered, while Mexicanian armies were driven from the Isthmus of Southiana. In December, Australasia began secret negotiations with South Explosansis, but these proved indecisive for several months.
- During this year, the tide of events in the Charasian-Fallorian War shifted decisively in favor of Charasia, Australasia, South Westar, and their colonies. Charasia, having eliminated its rivals within the Laurasian colonies, now shifted attention to matters on Laurasia Prime. Charasian reinforcements arrived by the millions from the colonial campaigns, significantly bolstering the Charasian armies in Lycia, at the Chasian Mountains, and in North Krayia, as well as those in Darsis, Richland, and the Varangian Peninsula. Charasia and Lycia launched a series of coordinated offensives, destroying the Fallorian garrisons of Kansin and Salacuaede in Florencia. By February, 302 BH, all of Florencia and the northern Tethornes had been secured. Likewise, in January, Australasian reinforcements arrived in South Westar, allowing that country to send troops into Inthauiana and Lower Mexicana. By March, Charasian air and drone units stationed in and above the Polar Islands began a series of air strikes against Caudisa and the Caudisan-occupied territories in Americana, inflicting severe damage on Caudisan factories, military garrisons, shipyards, and governmental installations. In April, the Charasian and Australasian Armies pushed into Western Salasia, posing a threat to Falloria proper itself. In May, South Explosansis, in return for a promise of Fallorian moon bases as well as control of North Explosansis, declared war against Falloria and launched a invasion. The Horn of Explosansis was swiftly conquered, although Fallorian armies delayed a advance through the Central Deserts. In June, the Lycian army invaded Hanubia, while Charasian armies, crossing from the Chasian Mountains, launched a series of swift offensives through Fallorian positions in Centralita In July, Australasia, having secured its gains in Salasia and Agarania, turned its attention to Artica. Australasian troops, taking advantage of the relative Caudisan military weakness in that region, made swift advances, recovering most of the province by the end of August. At the same time, South Westar subdued the Winward Islands of the Syrenes Sea and recovered the Rican Islands for Charasia. In September, Lycian forces, having subdued Hanubia, crossed into Barlavia, while Charasian armies from Targay and Tardork launched a massive amphibious invasion of Wallachia and the Low Countries. By the middle of November, Fallorian troops were retreating into Heletia and the lower limits of Halxony. Then, in December, 302 BH, Charasian forces in the Polar Islands invaded Caudisan Nunantia, making rapid gains.
- Dr. Anasamius, determined to improve on his earlier warp experiments, established a new headquarters on Augis V, which had been recently discovered by Laurasian colonization fleets two years earlier. There, Anasamius and his team conducted a series of tests, producing new warp prototypes, refining the warp factor system, and studying the possibility of reaching Warp Factor Four. Anasamius sent constant messages of his test back to Charasian authorities, and announced his intention to build a new testing vessel, the Achiever. By the end of the year, his plans were well into progress.
- The Laurasian Commission on Space Travel was reorganized into the Pan-Laurasian Aeronautics and Space Development Agency, the successor organization to the defunct International Space Service. The Agency consisted of members from Charasia, Australasia, South Westar, South Explosansis, and Lycia. Its goals were to support the development of more advanced warp drive technology, to supervise the completion of the warp highways system, to maintain the communications system, and sponsor further colonization efforts. By the end of the year, it was able to announce that the first part of the highways system was nearing completion after years of efforts by scouts, cartographers, astronomers, physicists, and mathematicians.
- The last year of the 4th century BH witnessed the culmination and conclusion of the Charasian-Fallorian War, cementing Charasia's dominance amongst the Laurasian Nations. In January, 301 BH, the Charasian army gained victories at Kilthanae, Embaraie, and the Streams of Aasour, destroying the remaining Fallorian units in Centralita. Also during that month, Australasian and Charasian forces conquered most of the Arctic Provinces of Caudisa, which were generally bereft of Caudisan military units. In February, a major rebellion by Americianian insurgents occurred in Colombia and the Eastern Districts against the Caudisan authorities, forcing them to divert units from other fronts. That same month, South Westar secured the remainder of the Syrenes Sea and launched harrying operations against Mexicanian Floriana. In March, Explosansian and Australasian forces landed in the Jibini Peninsula, cutting off Fallorian squadrons in the Jibini Gulf. By April, the Yusanian Gulf had been secured by Australasian fleets, while Australasian units conquered the Fallorian island of Little Falloria. In May, the Charasians and Lycians launched a massive offensive, penetrating all the way to Grinae, clearing the remainder of the Fallorian units from Alohemia, Trinthia, and Wallachia, and liberating the northern coast of Chilsia. Drone attacks against Darsis and Richland were finally ended. At the same time, Explosanasian and Australasian units completed their conquest of the Jibini Deserts, while Fallorian units in North Explosansis retreated to Exarlia, Paujaica, and Letousia. That same month, Charasian units conquered the major Caudisan province of Quencania. South Westar also subdued the remainder of the South Mexicanian provinces.
- During the "Offensives of Honor" (June-July, 301 BH), Barlavia, Javaria, and Katharina were subdued, while Lycian units entered Osriana. Explosansian and Australasian units finally conquered Letousia and reduced the Fallorians to control of a small pocket around the site of the ancient ruins of Marthage. The Charasian army in Chilsia conquered Galdornia, liberated Constantinople, and drove to Heletia. Mararia, now ruled by Pope Innocent "the Humble", who became Pope in February, 301 BH, declared war against Falloria "in the name of Almitis", having previously remained neutral. The Mararian troops swiftly conquered the Inorian Islands and Eastern Inoria. By July, Fallorian troops in Western Inoria and in Lusitania were trapped. In August, Charasian troops landed in Colombia, driving the Caudisan forces away and crushing the Americianian uprisings. At the same time, South Westar conquered Floriana and the States of the Gulf, while Australasian units reached Mathania and Dakania. Caudisan forces were now reduced to embattled pockets of territory in the Urill Valley, the Central State, Penania, and the Capital District of Caudisa. Mexicanian forces likewise, were driven from the Western Coast by a Australasian expeditionary force. By July, also, Fallorian units in Jatheria, Akkania, and Gedrosia were in dire straits, as the pocket of Marthage was wiped up by Explosanian forces.
- The first Charasian units to enter Yusania did so in August, while Australasia conquered Abay. Amagasoria erupted in rebellion at the beginning of September, driving out its Fallorian officials. By the middle of September, both it and Chandragupta had recovered their independence, signing treaties with Charasia. In September, the Urill Valley and the Central State were overrun by Australasian units, while the Charasians subdued Penania and the enclaves of the Northeastern States. Then in October, Mexicana surrendered and was occupied by South Westar. That same month, Charasian, Australasian, and Lycian units moved into Falloria proper, while the Explosanians subdued Jatheria, Yurthria, and Akkania. The last Fallorian units in Inoria and Lusitania surrendered towards the end of October, while Charasian-Australasian forces commenced a siege of the Caudisan Capital District. The District fell after weeks of bitter fighting on 21 November and was plundered. Caudisa's remaining forces formally surrendered five days later. By 27 November, the remainder of Osriana had been secured by Lycia, while Explosansis mopped up the remaining Fallorian units in Gedrosia, Yurthria, and western Yusania. Eastern Yusania was occupied by Charasia and Lycia. In December, with Australasian units advancing from Abay and Little Falloria, and with the Charasians, Lycians, and Chandragputans advancing into the northern provinces, a coup took place against President Isalios, who refused to consider any surrender options. The new Fallorian Government sued for peace on 27 December, just as Falloria City was threatened by the Charasian Army. On the very last day of the 4th century BH (21st century AA), a armistice was declared.
Continued in Timeline of the Space History of Laurasia II