Project Status ReportsEdit
This is where you can tell others that you've finished something and want others to take a look at it. We will then be able to give feedback to each other. This really useful for telling others that you're ready to accept comments on some work that you don't want others to see only partway completed. Simply list it below. Then, after a month, remove the entries.
- Quest--Interactive fiction: the largest one on this site by far, with 32 components (others have less than 10).
- New Main Page--Overwrite the current main page? It's utilitarian. Take a look.
- I suggest moving New Main Page to Browse content or we could start making portals for content in the "Portal:" namespace. --JWSchmidt 17:46, 27 November 2006 (UTC)
- From 2053--This is composed of reports from the year 2053-4. Writer is Mustafa Acungil -myself- from Turkey. There are 6 of the reports published here and I have 8 more ready in Turkish and to be translated to English to publish. I would like to hear your comments. Is the work worth the effort. : ) --Acungil 14:18, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
- Well you can if you want to, and we would certainly like to see the best of your writing abilities. Give it your best shot! 16:48, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
Anyone Need Help?Edit
This is the place to write down links to your projects if they are incomplete and you want immediate feedback or want cleanup/proofreading/smoothening of the work. It's also the place where you can list your name if you're currently unoccupied.
- User talk:Yunzhong Hou--Interested in proofreading/giving suggestions.
I think Portals is cool. It's simple and shows everything there is on this site. --18.104.22.168 17:37, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks! --Yunzhong Hou 21:52, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
Introduction to replace Main PageEdit
Okay, the rework is done. Please evaluate it and tell me what you think. --Yunzhong Hou 21:52, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
Recently I've been moving quite a few pages to reflect subpages. This is encouraged by Wikia and is also being done on Wikibooks, etc. It allows the top to have links to "superpages"--groupings that include the page--and thus makes navigation easier. If you have any concerns, please posit them here. Thanks. --Yunzhong Hou 23:51, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
Removal of Imagipedia CategoriesEdit
My rationale for doing this:
- There was already an Imagipedia category.
- The other categories were too small (like fewer than 8 entries) to be useful
- Each page had a whole string of categories.
- Some larger categories (such as Imagipedia (Subject) and Imagiworld) were simply rehashes of the Imagipedia category.
- Imagipedia wasn't large enough to warrant so many categories anyway.
- Some categories were trivial.
--Yunzhong Hou 00:47, 14 December 2006 (UTC)
Basically, each page should have around 6 categories.
For main pages: list all categories under Category:Main.
- Only the category: Category:Help, Category:Guide to Writing, Category:Links, Category:Forum, Category:Page deletion
For project pages: list all categories under Category:Projects.
- The category: Category:The Neverending Wiki Categories, Category:BOEN, Category:Interactive Fiction, Category:Imagipedia, Category:WikiStory, Category:Fan Fiction, misc.
- The subcategory:
For stories: list all categories under Category:Stories.
- The categories:
- Ratings: One of the following: 1,2,3,4,5 out of 5
- Genre: One of the following: Fantasy, High Fantasy, Horror, Alternate History, Realism, Science Fiction, Gothic (others can be added later)
- Format: Short Stories, Novelas, Outlines (ie. timelines and drafts), Poetry, Scripts
- Related topic: ie. the relevant fanfic topic, Neverending Wiki, Miscellaneous, Wikistory
- The subcategory: the name of the actual work (only if it extends to at least 2 pages, in which case it (generally) qualifies as a novela, rather than as a short story)
I really don't like "collaborative writing" as a category because on a wiki, everything is collaborative. There's just no getting around that. --Yunzhong Hou 22:06, 14 December 2006 (UTC)
On second consideration, if in the future the number of stories/project pages becomes more than a thousand, etc., posting them all on the Projects category etc. will not be of much use. So instead, let's have the Projects and Stories pages contain only subcategories--no pages--and have the subcategories then lead to articles. It'll be neater that way. --Yunzhong Hou 22:59, 14 December 2006 (UTC)
I recently copied a lot of files/templates from another site to turn into the "tabs". If you want to work on it, go ahead...otherwise, let me play with it... --Yunzhong Hou 00:53, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
So yeah, I've finally got the help section done, complete with tabs and three separate sections corresponding to help contents, guide to writing, and quick hints. It's gone full circle, from Help:Contents to Novelas and back. By the way, if you can figure out how to make four tabs instead of three, that would be great... --Yunzhong Hou 03:52, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
OK, I've done a remake of the main page. What do you think? --Yunzhong Hou 23:13, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
I like the main page, though the border around the headers is sort of painful with the eyes, why not have 0px borders?Serprex 23:30, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
- Will be updated by admin (me, at least for now)
- Articles with major contributions in the last 7 days will be eligible to be included; this information is obtained via recent changes.
- Articles without any major contributions for 7 days in a row will be eligible for removal.
- As implied earlier, minor contributions don't count.
- This addition is mainly to get current users easy access to their work, while getting the active pages even more activity from surfers.
Why not make a list of Inactive Stories? A horribly formatted coarse list...Serprex 14:31, 27 December 2006 (UTC)