Dana Katherine Scully was one of the major characters in The X-Files television show. Gillian Anderson played the role of FBI Special Agent Scully. Scully joined the FBI after becoming a medical doctor and her medical skills were used in many plot lines. Agent Scully was the partner of Special Agent Fox Mulder, and they worked in a special section of the Washington Office: The X-files project.
Major Influences: Religion, Education, etcEdit
The Scully character is Catholic, which made a good contrast with the views of Agent Mulder. Scully's undergraduate education emphasized Physics (B.S. from the University of Maryland, College Park). She wrote an undergraduate thesis that was entitled "Einstein's Twin Paradox: A New Interpretation."
Family and RelationshipsEdit
Scully has an older brother, Bill, an older sister, Melissa, and a younger brother who was never seen on the show. Her parents are Maggie and William, but the father was written out of the show in the first season.
Like Mulder, work is the major concern of Scully's life. Much of the show's popularity came from hope of fans that Mulder and Scully would lower their professional barriers and become romantically involved.
See this guide to THE RELATIONSHIP.
- "What I find fantastic is the notion that there are answers beyond the realm of science. The answers are there, you just have to know where to look." - X-files Pilot
- "Smart is sexy." - War of the Coprophages
- "Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, just in contradiction to what we know of it" - Herrenvolk
- Fly Paper - In 2005, Dana discovers that her body is still making branched DNA. Mulder tries to use Dana's evidence of branched DNA as bait for attracting the attention of those who created it.
- X-Files - See additional stories and add new ones.
Two webrings dedicated to Dana Scully.
Scully AppreciationEditThe Scully Appreciation Society webring is dedicated to Agent Scully of the X-Files.
Note: the content of the The Fiction Wikia is available under the CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License), a copyleft license, meaning the content can be copied, modified, and redistributed so long as the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the original authors. If you do not accept the terms of this license then do not contribute your fiction to this website.
The OBSSE Webring is the webring of official OBSSE sites - The Order of the Blessed Saint Scully the Enigmatic.
Have you visited websites on the webring? If so, tell us which sites are best; leave your reviews here. Please register with Wikia and sign your reviews.
- The G-Woman's Bookcase has selected Scully fan fiction such as Iolokus IV: Res Judicata by MustangSally & RivkaT. Dana and Fox wed, but can they be good parents? "Mulder's employment file was enough to make someone hesitate before letting him take care of a houseplant." --JWSchmidt 05:32, 20 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Start at the OBSSE Abbey and browse the many Newsletters that contain FanFic reviews which are rich with a pointers to great X-Files Fan Fiction sites such as the one at Kipler's page. Kipler's story of Dana waiting for Fox to return. --JWSchmidt 05:32, 20 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Some of the material on this page is from the Wikipedia Article on Dana Scully.