Welcome to the Barefoot in the Park category in Novelas, the fiction wiki. To add a new story in this category, just edit this page, add a link to your story in [[double square brackets]], save the page, and follow the link. You can then start writing immediately!
This wiki is designed to carry stories based on the Barefoot in the Park universe as depicted in the 1967 Paramount Pictures film (based on the 1963 Neil Simon play) starring Robert Redford and Jane Fonda.
Pornography and hate-content is not allowed in Wikia. However, please be aware that wikis may still contain content of an adult nature, or content that you find offensive. Please mark adult content with a warning for young readers (how else are they going to find it?).
The Barefoot in the Park characters were created by Neil Simon and owned/controlled by Simon and/or Paramount Pictures. They are borrowed here solely for the non-commercial use and enjoyment of Barefoot in the Park fans, without profit or intent for profit. The utilization and discussion of these characters and other related elements of Barefoot in the Park at novelas.wikia.com should NOT be considered to have been authorized by the creators, directors, producers, actors or current owners/copyright holders of any aspect of the Barefoot in the Park stage production, motion picture or related published and/or copyrighted material unless so noted in a clear and verifiable manner. No challenge to ownership or copyright by any of the authors posting stories on this site should be assumed.
Timeline: present day
Rating: T (FictionRatings.com); PG-13 (MPAA)
Nearly forty years after Paul and Corie Bratton have a wild and crazy start to their ultimately successful marriage, their daughter Miggie and her longtime boyfriend find that taking their relationship to the next level is a lot more complicated than first thought.
All actors listed are hypothetical casting choices if this story were a major motion picture.
- Paul Bratton (Robert Redford), a former lawyer who owns a baseball team in Denver, Colorado. He went "Barefoot in the Park" during a drunken spat with Corie right after their New York honeymoon. They made up. Paul's character is modeled loosely on Ted Turner.
- Corie Bratton (Jane Fonda), Paul's wife and an outspoken, nationally known social activist. She is still a little crazy and has loosened Paul up considerably over the course of their marriage. They live on a huge ranch in eastern Colorado. Corie's character is a more mature version of her character in the 1967 movie and reflects some real-life aspects of Fonda's life.
- Meredith "Miggie" Bratton (Jennifer Anniston), a young lawyer in Denver. Daughter to Paul and Corie. Went to Stanford Law School. Miggie is under some pressure to take over operations of the baseball team owned by her now middle-aged dad. She is practical like Dad, but highly socially conscious like Mom.
- Mark Williams (Jesse L. Martin), a young lawyer in Denver. Longtime boyfriend to Miggie. Oldest son of a legendary pitcher who played on Paul's baseball team in the '70's. Paul helped him get into Harvard Law School. Everybody knows Mark and Miggie will be married one of these days but they are afraid of making that final step...
- Wally Williams (John Amos), retired star pitcher for the otherwise mediocre baseball team, who lives in a huge house in Aspen. He is a legend in Denver and has become a part owner of the team with Paul.
- Colorado Rockies, a baseball team which exists in real-life, but in this timeline it was founded in 1975, when Paul inherits a minor-league team from a long-lost uncle and turns it into a moderately successful big-league team.
Note: the content of the The Fiction Wikia is available under the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License), a copyleft license, meaning the content can be copied, modified, and redistributed so long as the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the original authors. If you do not accept the GFDL, do not contribute your fiction to this website.